Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik > Daidalos Team discussions

Old 12-08-2012, 01:12 PM
Approved Member

Default B5N Kate AI Question.

In real life the B5N was also used as a level bomber, as some were at Pearl Harbor. Will the current AI operated Kates in the game do this properly?

Personally speaking, the P-40 could contend on an equal footing with all the types of Messerschmitts, almost to the end of 1943.
~Nikolay Gerasimovitch Golodnikov
Old 12-08-2012, 03:14 PM
Approved Member

The B5N AI does level bombing, but it has the same strange behaviour like the other level bombers in the game, that do a short shallow dive before dropping their bombs.
Old 12-11-2012, 09:57 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juri_JS View Post
The B5N AI does level bombing, but it has the same strange behaviour like the other level bombers in the game, that do a short shallow dive before dropping their bombs.
That's the fighter-bomber drop behavior rather than level bombing behavior. It'd be nice to have that fixed. It'd be even better if the GATTACK waypoint would have a selectable behavior per flight so you could tell B-25J's for example to level bomb or strafe. If you wanted them to do both then you could just setup two GATTACK waypoints.

I'm sure the programming behind the scenes to do that is more complex than me just envisioning how the menu would work... but that would be a great feature to have.
Old 12-16-2012, 06:40 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceFire View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juri_JS View Post
That's the fighter-bomber drop behavior rather than level bombing behavior. It'd be nice to have that fixed. It'd be even better if the GATTACK waypoint would have a selectable behavior per flight so you could tell B-25J's for example to level bomb or strafe. If you wanted them to do both then you could just setup two GATTACK waypoints.

I'm sure the programming behind the scenes to do that is more complex than me just envisioning how the menu would work... but that would be a great feature to have.
I agree that the ability to chose between the two types of bombing would be a great addition.

Wheels
Old 12-18-2012, 02:50 PM
Approved Member

I had a large formation of B5Ns do level bombing on the Midway Map @3900m ('Good' clouds @1200m) without the shallow dive @ the GATTACK waypoint on Sand and Midway Island.

I also created a mission in the Slovakia Summer Light map where I had B-25Js level bomb from 2500m (Hazy Coluds @ 1000m). At the GATTACK waypoint they would all start the shallow dive/evasive maneuver going every which way. I then had only the rear flight as B-25Js and the rest B-25Cs. The C's do level bombing but the J's go into the shallow dive/evasive maneuver.

On all of the above, all have a GATTACK waypoint on or around the ideal impact point with no specified target.
Old 12-21-2012, 11:56 PM
Approved Member

Ventura nailed it. Set the GATTACK waypoint without a specific target. They will fly an honest level bombing run using this method.
Old 12-22-2012, 12:50 PM
Approved Member

Thanks for that tip!!!

Personally speaking, the P-40 could contend on an equal footing with all the types of Messerschmitts, almost to the end of 1943.
~Nikolay Gerasimovitch Golodnikov