Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik

IL-2 Sturmovik The famous combat flight simulator.

Old 07-01-2008, 10:42 PM
Registered Member

Default Dedicated Server Console

Hi All,

Can anyone tell me how to reach the dedicated server (on my downstairs computer) from the server I am flying on (an upstairs computer).

I cannot seem to get the console of my flying computer connected to the server computer.

Please be as clear as you can as I am a noob with this stuff.

Thanks in advance for any help you can offer.

MPH
Old 07-02-2008, 02:40 PM
Approved Member

Hello MPH,

First off, you need to install the dedicated server software on your flying computer also. Then you need to create a shortcut for one of the "console" exe files in the dedicated server folder on your flying computer.

You have 2 choices for remote console control:
il2sconsole.exe or il2wconsole.exe

The il2wconsole.exe is a windows program and uses a graphical interface and also uses 100% cpu when it is loaded. The il2sconsole.exe is a dos type program and only uses about 10% cpu cycles when it is loaded. I used the later for my remote control but that choice is yours.

Now you also must edit the "confs.ini" file on the server computer to allow remote access to the console commands. Open in a text editor and find these lines:

[Console]
IP=15000
IPS=192.168.0.1

The IP=#### is the port number that you want to use to connect remotely to the server computer and it is TCP port NOT UDP and must not be in use by another program.

The IPS=192.168.0.1 is the IP numbers of the computers that will connect to the server console , in your case the "Flying computer". If both are on the same LAN (local area network) then use your private IP number here of your "Flying Computer". If you want someone on the web to also have access then add his WAN (wide area network) IP also seperated with a space.

Now on your flying computer, you need to edit the "confc.ini" file also. Open in a text editor and find these lines:

[Console]
IP=15000

As before the IP=#### is the port and it has to match the port you entered above in the "confs.ini" file. They both NEED to be the SAME.

Now for the "shortcut" that you must create and use to open the remote console on your flying computer.

Create a shortcut for whichever console app you want to use, il2sconsole.exe and/or il2wconsole.exe and on the "Target:" line add after the exe the IP number of the server computer. If both on same LAN then use your local IP number here for the server computer. Should look something like this:

Target: E:\ARservers\0server\il2sconsole.exe 192.168.0.2

Dont forget to give permission for any firewall and/or router permission to passthrough that port and it is a TCP port.

Good luck

As an alternative you might also want to look into using a third party program for remote control, like "Server Commander" or "FBdeamon".

Last edited by Billy885; 07-02-2008 at 02:49 PM.
Old 07-02-2008, 04:02 PM
Registered Member

Thanks a bunch Billy!!!
mph