Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover

IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Latest instalment in the acclaimed IL-2 Sturmovik series from award-winning developer Maddox Games.

Closed Thread

Old 09-30-2012, 08:22 AM
Tree_UK

Default Black Six & Luthier

Please can you get into the habit of testing your work first before releasing it, yet again you have released a patch that has broken as much as it has fixed, you clearly are not beta testing your patches before you throw them to us. Even better would be if someone on your team actually played the game, or if someone on your team read the bug tracker. This RC patch must be fixed and then given back to us first before you put it through Steam, we simply cannot trust your 'fixes', and as it will be the last official patch for sometime then we need to make sure its a good one. I know the game is frustrating but we have to put up with it, the least I would expect is the people who created it to 'try it out' once in a while.
Old 09-30-2012, 08:44 AM
Approved Member

I just wish they would utilise the community and make a 20-30 player beta test group that had their own closed forum section that could give valuable feedback.

Wouldn't cost anything and would be a god send. I'm sure their are people willing to dedicate some time to help.
Old 09-30-2012, 08:46 AM
Approved Member

And who would be incorporated? Given the amount of nitpicking, personal feuds and the habit of dismembering every single FM-related post to pick out the parts that don't fit one's personal agenda I don't see a common ground to base such a close beta group on. Too many overgrown egos, too little willingness for constructive discussions.
Old 09-30-2012, 09:02 AM
Tree_UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by csThor View Post
And who would be incorporated? Given the amount of nitpicking, personal feuds and the habit of dismembering every single FM-related post to pick out the parts that don't fit one's personal agenda I don't see a common ground to base such a close beta group on. Too many overgrown egos, too little willingness for constructive discussions.
Well I agree in parts, but we are not talking here about fm's as such, we are talking about reintroducing old bugs from previous patches, not being able to start and aircraft for example is a clear indication the dev's do not test their own work.
Old 09-30-2012, 09:04 AM
Approved Member

It's called a release candidate for a reason. It's not the finished patch, from what I understood.
Old 09-30-2012, 09:12 AM
Tree_UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fjordmonkey View Post
It's called a release candidate for a reason. It's not the finished patch, from what I understood.
Yes, and at the same time you are completely missing the point.
Old 09-30-2012, 09:20 AM
Approved Member

Not really, no. A release-candidate is not the final product, and may or may not be the final product. It may still be pulled and redone at this stage.

Don't get me wrong, I seriously hope this isn't representative and I know you're giving them feedback, but don't skin your bears before they're shot.
Old 09-30-2012, 09:35 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by csThor View Post
A good observation. And as others have posted,this patch is the 'start' and not the final product.
Old 09-30-2012, 09:38 AM
Tree_UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by MB_Avro_UK View Post
A good observation. And as others have posted,this patch is the 'start' and not the final product.
Its not the start though is it, its near the end.... the next patch through STEAM is final, all I am asking is that the dev's test it firsts so that the blantent obvious faults are not given to us and we can get on with more in depth testing, its not rocket science, or is it?
Old 09-30-2012, 09:45 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Now this is not the end. It is not even the beginning of the end. But it is, perhaps, the end of the beginning
Came to mind for some reason!
Closed Thread