Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover

IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Latest instalment in the acclaimed IL-2 Sturmovik series from award-winning developer Maddox Games.

Closed Thread

Old 09-14-2012, 07:06 AM
Approved Member

Default Questions for Luthier

Attention!
Please ask questions for Luthier in this thread. He will try to answer them tonight.
Old 09-14-2012, 07:17 AM
Approved Member

The single player experience in Cliffs of Dover has been roundly criticized as being decidedly below standard. Can you tell us specifically in what ways you think it is lacking, and explain what you intend to do to improve it?
Old 09-14-2012, 07:25 AM
Tree_UK

Hi Luthier,
1. Please could you look into the netcode, its killing Multiplayer servers.

2. Could you reconsider your position on Co-ops, again this is preventing a lot of people from wanting to continue using your product now and in the future.

3. It was claimed that within recent patches a 50% performance increase was gained but as of yet I have seen no evidence to support this, in fact my performance actually dropped whilst at the same time features were taken out of the game. Could you tell me how I go about getting this performance increase or what system I should use to get the best out of CLOD, I currently have a i72600k running at 4.7Ghz, 2x GTX680 in SLI and 16GB of DDR3 at 1600mhz.

4. Could you tell us how you test your alpha/beta patches before release, many of them have broken has much as they have fixed and your customers are left scratching their heads wondering how you could of missed some of the most obvious bugs, such as the hurricane not starting. Also could you tell me what online servers you or your employees use to test the game.
Old 09-14-2012, 07:26 AM
Approved Member

Can the sequel be merged with COD like the original il2 series and if it can will we get to test features that will be appearing in the sequel I.e. Weather etc..

Quote:
Originally Posted by SiThSpAwN View Post
Its a glass half full/half empty scenario, we all know the problems, we all know what needs to be fixed it just some people focus on the water they have and some focus on the water that isnt there....
Gigabyte X58A-UD5 | Intel i7 930 | Corsair H70 | ATI 5970 | 6GB Kingston DDR3 | Intel 160GB G2 | Win 7 Ultimate 64 Bit |
MONITOR: Acer S243HL.
CASE: Thermaltake LEVEL 10.
INPUTS: KG13 Warthog, Saitek Pedals, Track IR 4.
Old 09-14-2012, 07:28 AM
Approved Member

How many people are there working on IL-2 Sturmovik series now?
Old 09-14-2012, 07:33 AM
Approved Member

Why were the Flyable G50 and Br20 modelled for CoD, when they only played a very minimal role, and more common aircraft left out, such as a flyable Do17 and indeed even the CR42?
Was it originally intended to move to the Med theatre after the BoB?

Last edited by JG52Uther; 09-14-2012 at 07:36 AM.
Old 09-14-2012, 07:38 AM
Approved Member

Have you addressed the bugged Mixture issues in the RAF types ?
Have you addressed the Engine Overheat issues in the RAF types ?
Old 09-14-2012, 07:55 AM
Approved Member

Have you addressed the issue of the Spitfire under performing in terms of relative top speed compared with the 109 (e.g. see graphs in 1st post in this recent thread http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=34115)? Thank you.
Old 09-14-2012, 08:09 AM
Approved Member

Hello Luthier!
would it be possible to hand out information on how to handle each aircraft the proper way?
after 1,5 years, there is still too much confusion about the different types of planes, and how they perform the best way,and how to get the most out of them.

for example every month there is another thread about the prop pitch management of the 109, and even among the experienced 109pilots there doesnt seem to be a consensus on whats the best way...

for example: http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=34328

there is historical information around in the net and in books, but we dont know whats implemented in game, what works best, and how it is intended to work...
Old 09-14-2012, 08:12 AM
Approved Member

Can you tell us anything about the forthcoming sequel and where you intend to take the series after that?

Do you consider that you've achieved about as much as you can, performance wise, with the game engine at the moment and that people's systems now have to be improved to improve performance?

Will the Su-26 be available soon?

SDKs have been given a low priority at the moment. Given their potential for enriching the Il 2 experience, when will they be re-prioritised?
Closed Thread