Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover

IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Latest instalment in the acclaimed IL-2 Sturmovik series from award-winning developer Maddox Games.

Old 09-09-2012, 05:45 PM
Approved Member

Default Have been away for over 1 year is the game worth getting back to ;)

Hello Gents, how is the game doing and is it playable, since im now wounder to get back in the game and if its worth the time
I have played IL2 since its relase and hope the game is playable aigain

1. How is it online, is there any recomended servers

2. Is the game like ROF just dogfights or do we also have ground targets

3. How is the game in general from your perspectiv + -

4. Is the planes on both sides realistics tuned now....

5. Dos the sound, grapichs, handle off the Aircraft up to speed
Old 09-09-2012, 05:58 PM
Approved Member

ATAG is a good server

Can't say about ground targets.

Very poor, no real advances IMHO (now ducking behind a parapet and waiting for the usual suspects)

Not if you fly RAF, can't speak for blue (but then again, I have never flown a real Spit, Hurri or 109)

Don't understand the question

Chris

http://www.aircombatgroup.co.uk/index.php

Gigabyte z77-d3h, Intel Core i5-3570K 3.40GHz (OC 4.2GHz), Corsair Vengeance Low Profile 24GB DDR3 PC3-12800C9 1600MHz Dual Channel Kit , Samsung 120GB SSD 840 SATA 6Gb/s Basic, Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM 1TB SATA 6Gb/s 64MB, Cooling Silencer Mk II 750W '80 Plus Silver' PSU,
GTX580 3gb OC
Old 09-09-2012, 06:12 PM
Approved Member

The recent beta patches have improved the performance of the game and got rid of the crash to desktops for most, unfortunately the beta patches have also tweeked the RAF FM for the worst .

1. ATAG is a good server, JG27 host campaigns now and again.

2. ATAG host missions with ground targets, ships and airfield etc...

3. Personally I am enjoying the game, that said not enough people play and the lack of things that we were expecting such as a decent weather system is quite annoying. But like I said online is good fun, suggest you get on teamspeak.

4. Like Kristof said RAF FM's are porked which is the main reason we are down in numbers atm...

5. Not sure what you are getting at.

Its worth a try to see what performance is like I try and jump in a blenheim and bomb a target when I have the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SiThSpAwN View Post
Its a glass half full/half empty scenario, we all know the problems, we all know what needs to be fixed it just some people focus on the water they have and some focus on the water that isnt there....
Gigabyte X58A-UD5 | Intel i7 930 | Corsair H70 | ATI 5970 | 6GB Kingston DDR3 | Intel 160GB G2 | Win 7 Ultimate 64 Bit |
MONITOR: Acer S243HL.
CASE: Thermaltake LEVEL 10.
INPUTS: KG13 Warthog, Saitek Pedals, Track IR 4.

Last edited by JG52Krupi; 09-09-2012 at 06:14 PM.
Old 09-09-2012, 06:17 PM
Approved Member

Thx Gents for reply, keep them coming thx

My last question,
"5. Dos the sound, grapichs, handle off the Aircraft up to speed "
Were ment to ask if, there is no big fault in the Sound, Grapichs engies and that the FM for both sides are correct...
Old 09-09-2012, 08:40 PM
Approved Member

Yes it is!, about the question, yes, i think yes, there is alot of new sounds, they are not new, but you can hear them from other aircraft, and in ground like explosions, you need to try it on your own, there are new tracers, VERY GOOD increment in FPS and a good gameplay on a afternoon on the ATAG server, Salute!

[IMG]http://www.rincondesimulacion.com/im...00x200warz.png[/IMG]
Old 09-09-2012, 11:30 PM
Approved Member

I'd say no, in all honestly. Despite still playing the game most days.

You ask about FM for both sides being correct- well, they couldn't be more wrong actually. Let's not get started there...

Basically, while some things have been made 'more right', other things have been completely taken away or made worse. In fact they still haven't passed BOB 101- Spitfires are faster than Hurricanes.

Last edited by trademe900; 09-09-2012 at 11:35 PM.
Old 09-10-2012, 12:10 AM
Approved Member

No, IMO.

Things have changed over a year, in "beta" patches, but its still not up to par.

It seems from visting here now and then that there are is small group that really do think the devs still care about CLoD. Personally, lack of communication, excuses, and already moving on to a new game are signs that CLoD is going to be abandoned.

If the slight possibility that is does finally become a good game, it will be years from now when the modders make it that way, just like IL2.

I even think the P51 in DCS will get an opponent, long before CLoD is offically patched. When that happens, CLoD wont even be in my mind anymore. For a WWII fix IL2 with a modpack still trumps CLoD. For any other real combat sim, Falcon BMS, and DCS stomp everything else right now.
Old 09-11-2012, 04:48 AM
Approved Member

Cliffs of dover is for when you need your insane graphics and realistic feeling flying, tho the FMs may be wrong, it still does FEEL like flying more than any other flight sim i've played, and with trackIR, and that cliffs actually has a decent field of view on a 16:9 monitor, if you can get over the fact that its always a sunny day in 1940's Britan, the game has some wicked awesome immersion...

the latest patches made it look decent and be playable on most budget PC's that have had a 60$ videocard upgrade... and pretty much all the game crashing has been fixed.

the big problem with the game now for me... is lack of content... I'd much prefer a P51 vs a 190 than a hurricane vs a G.50

all in all, the game is worth the 60$ now, if not just more now than before the latest patch.
Old 09-11-2012, 05:18 AM
Approved Member

If you can wait another month, the final steam patch is in the pipeline, and it will the last. So everybody should come Back and assess the game for good
Old 09-11-2012, 02:52 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKA_Tenn View Post
Cliffs of dover is for when you need your insane graphics and realistic feeling flying, tho the FMs may be wrong, it still does FEEL like flying more than any other flight sim i've played, and with trackIR, and that cliffs actually has a decent field of view on a 16:9 monitor, if you can get over the fact that its always a sunny day in 1940's Britan, the game has some wicked awesome immersion...

the latest patches made it look decent and be playable on most budget PC's that have had a 60$ videocard upgrade... and pretty much all the game crashing has been fixed.

the big problem with the game now for me... is lack of content... I'd much prefer a P51 vs a 190 than a hurricane vs a G.50

all in all, the game is worth the 60$ now, if not just more now than before the latest patch.
The P51 and FW190 didn't serve in the Battle Of Britain, where as the Hurricane & G.50 did.
Either way, they are not going to add anymore aircraft to the game until it is fixed, or we get the sequel