Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover > Technical threads > Performance threads

Performance threads All discussions about CoD performnce

Old 05-22-2012, 05:16 PM
Registered Member

Default Launcher.exe crash help!

Hi all,

My launcher.exe crashes every time I try to load the game.

I've tried reinstalling steam, reinstalling Cliffs of Dover, reinstalling everything in the redist folder, and still nothing.

Please help!
I know this is a common problem (with hopefully a common solution)

Thanks all in advance
Old 05-31-2012, 06:36 PM
Approved Member

I noticed mine would crash often too when I used game booster , so I don't use that anymore . Also it helps to empty the game cache which is in Documents/1csoftclub
Old 05-31-2012, 08:47 PM
Approved Member

S!

Make sure to check if the launcher.exe crash creates a crashlog and zip/send to devs
Old 06-02-2012, 04:23 AM
Registered Member

I was finally able to run the game with the latest stable steam patch, and am now getting the same crash to desktop after I install the beta patch.

Before patch = I can play
After patch = crash to desktop

help??
Old 06-02-2012, 04:36 AM
Approved Member

S!

First of all it would help to see your system specs For example put them as your signature or something. Then what graphical settings are you using in game and in the GPU control panel.

CoD can be picky on programs running in the background like TeamSpeak Overlay, GameBooster etc. Make sure to have all unnecessary programs closed before playing. IT is also worth checking drivers if they are up to date.

One thing to check is also to go to the X:\Steam\steamapps\common\il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover\redist folder and install DotNetFX40. Some say it has helped running these installation packages and then running the game.

Also make sure to clean the cache BEFORE using the beta patch. It is located in the folder like this..C:\Users\Your username here\Documents\1C SoftClub\il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover\cache It is safe to delete cache-folder as it regenerates when you launch the game.

Try these tips
Old 06-02-2012, 05:07 AM
Approved Member

First of all be sure to use the hotfix that was released for the betapatch, many people had more crashes than ever before running this beta wihout the hotfix.
http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=32035

Then try and play with the graphics options like mentioned above, turn them all down to start with and if that works slowly work your way up. Especially stuff like trees,shadows,roads,SSAO and texture quality are known to make lower spec pc's choke.
Even deleting the logo.wmv file from Ubisoft is known to cause problems with GPU's not going into 3d mode and might contribute to crashes as your graphics card is "idling" while having to load tons and tons of textures.
Old 06-02-2012, 02:55 PM
Registered Member

Thank you gentlemen for the quick replies.

System specs:

Windows 7 home premium 64 bit
Nvidia 8800 GTX 2020mb memory
Intel Core 2 Duo E8500 @ 3.00GHZ
4gb ram

I will start with your suggestions and get back with the results.

Cheers!
Old 06-02-2012, 06:07 PM
Approved Member

I never had crashes until I had problems with steam so had to re install it and then re downloaded CloD. I patched it up + the .dll and got a launcher crash every time. After a few attempts it got a bit further until eventually I was able to start loading the London quick mission before it crashed.

In the main menu settings I put everything to max in video settings and tried a channel mission and it loaded fine. I had deleted the SoftClub folder in documents so maybe it was having problems rebuilding that. I don't know, but it is worth persevering and trying different things.