Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover > Technical threads

Technical threads All discussions about technical issues

Old 05-12-2012, 09:54 AM
Registered Member

Default Beta patch v1.06.17582 problem

Hi guys!

I have a problem with the new beta patch. When I installed the game, I try it, it runs. Then, I unzip into CloD folder the beta patch. Now, here is my problem. First start I got blue death because display driver. Then I tried again, Fraps OFF, and while I started the game, I got this message.

"Driver not responding but has recovered.

The NVIDIA Windows Kernel Moder Driver Version 301.24 display driver not responding but has recovered."

When I want to fly and I don't saw the map and my plane before start, and then I press fly button, I hear the game and it runs, but I don't see the picture.

Some pics:

Can somebody help me?

~S~ Mijki

EDIT: I downloaded and installed 296.10 driver...but same problem. And my DirectX is the newest. I have GeForce Gt240 card.

Last edited by mijki; 05-12-2012 at 10:44 AM.
Old 05-12-2012, 10:06 AM
Approved Member

Blue screen of death is caused solely by hardware errors afaik, of course I'm assuming you are on Windows Vista or 7 since you have the "video driver recovered" message.

It could be symptom that your video card is not very healthy, worst case scenario of course. You can try cleaning the video card fan / dissipator in case it is a temperature problem.

Does this happen on any other games? Is the video card old? Are the drivers up to date? Is the video card overclocked?
Old 05-12-2012, 10:10 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MBF View Post
Blue screen of death is caused solely by hardware errors afaik, of course I'm assuming you are on Windows Vista or 7 since you have the "video driver recovered" message.

It could be symptom that your video card is not very healthy, worst case scenario of course. You can try cleaning the video card fan / dissipator in case it is a temperature problem.

Does this happen on any other games? Is the video card old? Are the drivers up to date? Is the video card overclocked?
nope its not the card, i had exactly the same problem, are you by any chance using an Nvidia gts450

i at first thought holy s*** the ptach just broke my card,i rebooted my syste,m and ran crysis 2 at max settings just to check the card was ok, it was. I think its the patch, being an alha version, not being compatible with some video cards. But your card is fine, dont bother cleaning, just run a relly stressful game like crysis 2 at max and get the becnmark results
Old 05-12-2012, 10:17 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamB View Post
nope its not the card, i had exactly the same problem, are you by any chance using an Nvidia gts450

i at first thought holy s*** the ptach just broke my card,i rebooted my syste,m and ran crysis 2 at max settings just to check the card was ok, it was. I think its the patch, being an alha version, not being compatible with some video cards. But your card is fine, dont bother cleaning, just run a relly stressful game like crysis 2 at max and get the becnmark results
Software cannot create BSODs, only drivers and hardware problems can. If you have the same problem you should definitely change your drivers. On a side note cleaning the video card from time to time is good practice, there is no reason not to do it, it's like checking the oil level in your car every now and then
Old 05-12-2012, 10:22 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MBF View Post
Software cannot create BSODs, only drivers and hardware problems can. If you have the same problem you should definitely change your drivers. On a side note cleaning the video card from time to time is good practice, there is no reason not to do it, it's like checking the oil level in your car every now and then
im saying it nots good to clean your card but the drivers are software and what iim saying is that there might be a possibility that the games engine code will cause the drivers to fail on some cards
Old 05-12-2012, 10:26 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamB View Post
im saying it nots good to clean your card but the drivers are software and what iim saying is that there might be a possibility that the games engine code will cause the drivers to fail on some cards
No, drivers are not software in the sense of "computer software / computer programs". If the game (or any other software) causes the drivers to fail it is the driver's problem, that's all I'm saying.

The sole purpose of a driver is to hook the hardware to the operating system, if trying to access a part of the hardware through the driver crashes the driver, that is a bug in the driver.

Last edited by MBF; 05-12-2012 at 10:32 AM.
Old 05-12-2012, 02:21 PM
Approved Member

it doesnt matter he cant get it to start, i have the same problem and my hardware is fine, belive me i pushed it to the max to make sure it was functioning properly, it does havesomething to do with the game not working on certain cards, im sure of that, but the reason for ehy it does this i have no idea, something to ask the devs