Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover > Skins and Repaints for BOB COD

Old 05-11-2012, 06:49 PM
Approved Member

Default New Spitfire Skin

So...After working away all last year in Istanbul and then eventually getting home and spending the kahoonas that was needed on a big rig to play COD, I've been hitting it pretty hard....ATAGS server 'Axis v Allies' (well worth a looksee at their server if you haven't already done so...PLUG)...So yesterday knocked up my first COD skin....a quickey as a tester.....(I used to make skins in 1946 regularly)...

Interesting to not find any of the panel lines in the stock skin...Although I don't need them just yet I will need a transparency of those in the future I am sure....if anyone knows where they are in the files (save me the trolling...thanks in advance)....I used to use the 'remove white' plugin on the void skins to get the panel lines in 1946...

Anyways...

I never liked the Spit stock colours that were on COD..I remember seeing the previews a couple years back and thinking the same...so I made a spit skin from an old 1946 skin here....Not any pilot in particular, just a colour scheme that I like....more to the yellow ochre and to the olive green..

There are 4 skins in the pack: With white nose, black nose and with or without yellow square on left top wing. None with Markings.

http://www.mediafire.com/?3d3wb3f5ezhrmab

[youtube]

Also...I found a couple of little extras on the Spit IIa that weren't on the others....here:

Took me a while to find...Don't know why they are different....and there might even be others......Here they are in red on the skin

CPU: Intel Core i7 2700K 3.50GHz Sandybridge overclocked to 4.80GHz
Motherboard: Asus Maximus IV Extreme -Z Intel Z68 (Socket 1155) PCI-Express DDR3 Motherboard
Cooler: OcUK H2 Flo Extreme Cooler
RAM: 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 Dual Channel Kit
Graphics Card: Nvidia GeForce GTX 580 1536MB GDDR
Microsoft Sidewinder II ForceFeedback Joystick
Saitek X36 Throttle(completely modified)

Last edited by FS~Lewis; 05-12-2012 at 10:51 AM.
Old 05-11-2012, 07:14 PM
Approved Member

You want a rough mask fill, just use remove white and fit over template

Chris

http://www.aircombatgroup.co.uk/index.php

Gigabyte z77-d3h, Intel Core i5-3570K 3.40GHz (OC 4.2GHz), Corsair Vengeance Low Profile 24GB DDR3 PC3-12800C9 1600MHz Dual Channel Kit , Samsung 120GB SSD 840 SATA 6Gb/s Basic, Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM 1TB SATA 6Gb/s 64MB, Cooling Silencer Mk II 750W '80 Plus Silver' PSU,
GTX580 3gb OC

Last edited by kristorf; 05-11-2012 at 07:17 PM.
Old 05-11-2012, 07:57 PM
Approved Member

Nice Lew
Old 05-12-2012, 09:54 AM
Approved Member

Thanks fellas.....

@ Kristof.....Do you know where the 'rivet and panel lines' files are....I cant find them and would be good to work on them for some of the contempory sports style skins folks ask me to make...Thanks Kris

@ Jamz.....You up for Duxford this year bud?.....I missed last year so want to make up for it this year.....I'm away in Istanbul until the week prior so is a big week end for me.....Me and the boys camp and have a 'Jolly Boys Outing'...would be good to have some more =AFJ= there this year...I mean we only have Jinz regular there....

CPU: Intel Core i7 2700K 3.50GHz Sandybridge overclocked to 4.80GHz
Motherboard: Asus Maximus IV Extreme -Z Intel Z68 (Socket 1155) PCI-Express DDR3 Motherboard
Cooler: OcUK H2 Flo Extreme Cooler
RAM: 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 Dual Channel Kit
Graphics Card: Nvidia GeForce GTX 580 1536MB GDDR
Microsoft Sidewinder II ForceFeedback Joystick
Saitek X36 Throttle(completely modified)