Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover > Technical threads

Technical threads All discussions about technical issues

Old 05-08-2012, 04:04 PM
Approved Member

Default Black Screen In-game

hi all, after installing the new patch i went to play the game imediately. I got to the splash screens and a red box on a black background appeared. Strange i thought but i could live with that. Then i went to play a quick mission to test the performance. I loaded the level and was about to click fly when i noticed that the map hadnt appeared. Again strange but considering this was a beta patch i thought that to be fine. BUT... when i clicked fly to finally get in game i went straight to the desktop. The game still ran in the background and i could hear the sounds when i fire and move but i couldnt see anything because the game minimised itself and would not re-open.

Has anyone got any more ideas because this is the last straw and im bitterly disappointed with this.

System specs:

I7 2600K
GTS450 (which for me is good because i only have a low res. monitor)
16GB 1600mhz Corsair Vengence RAM
1TB WDCavier HDD
ASUS z68 mobo
Old 05-08-2012, 06:59 PM
Approved Member

Old 05-08-2012, 07:24 PM
Approved Member

have you tried some of the tips for a clean install and such? Sounds like something might be corrupt with your patch install?
Old 05-08-2012, 08:05 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SiThSpAwN View Post
have you tried some of the tips for a clean install and such? Sounds like something might be corrupt with your patch install?
yep i tried the clean install, cleaning the cache, going back to the previous patch, unsyncing with steam cloud, extracting with winrar (not manually) but still i launch the game and when i start to fly the screen goes black and it takes me to the desktop, no crashes occur because the game sounds still respond representive to the actions i give. Strange
Old 05-08-2012, 08:08 PM
Approved Member

Updated to the latest Video Card drivers and such as well?
Old 05-08-2012, 09:30 PM
Approved Member

Just want to say that my laptop has exactly the same problem. (specs below)
Old 05-09-2012, 05:46 AM
Approved Member

I've done a clean install and installed the patch and get the same black screen with the red square in the centre(I initially did a dirty install and had the same issue), but after a few seconds it goes away and the game continue notmally, except for being smoother and the new launcher crash I seamed to have picked up in the patch.

Might need to re-download the patch from a different source and try again.

Last edited by Skoshi Tiger; 05-09-2012 at 05:48 AM.
Old 05-09-2012, 06:59 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skoshi Tiger View Post
I've done a clean install and installed the patch and get the same black screen with the red square in the centre(I initially did a dirty install and had the same issue), but after a few seconds it goes away and the game continue notmally, except for being smoother and the new launcher crash I seamed to have picked up in the patch.

Might need to re-download the patch from a different source and try again.
ive downloaded the patch twice. i havent tried a clean install, so ill see how that goes, the issue is NOT anything to do with the spashscreens as the game open but is to do with when actually going in game to a areoplane. When i start to fly the game reduces itself but still plays noises. I have updated my gfx drivers to nvidia 301.XX (beat drivers) but i know this is not the problem because most people here are using those drivers and the game is working.

Please keep the support coming, its such an annoying feeling when this happens

Thanks

AdamB
Old 05-09-2012, 09:07 AM
Approved Member

i remember having this problem when i first got clod;

try re-installing the exe programs in the redist folder

if that fails try option 3 here:

http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=19819

let us know how you get on
Old 05-09-2012, 01:45 PM
Approved Member

I also have that black screen with a center red square after starting the launcher.
On my side, I can play the game, but have lots of freezes/stuttening, that didn't had before the patch.

Also download the patch twice, from diferent links, tried the clean install, cleaning the cache, going back to the previous patch, unsyncing with steam cloud, extracting with winrar (not manually)

Last edited by PLebre; 05-09-2012 at 01:58 PM.