Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover > CoD Multiplayer

CoD Multiplayer Everything about multiplayer in IL-2 CoD

Old 04-24-2012, 08:17 PM
Approved Member

Default Dedicated Server "Heartbeat"

Does the Clod server have a "heartbeat" that it broadcasts?

In the old days the IL2 dedicated server had a "heartbeat".I would host the server on Hyperlobby.It would broadcast it out on the internet and all the game browser services(All Seeing Eye,Game Spy Arcade,Xfire and a couple of other I forgot) would pick it up and list it in their service.People using these services could join the game.This would skew the people in the game number that shows in Hyperlobby.It would show there was room but when people tried to join it said full because of the uncounted people that joined from other services.There was a way around it but I have forgotten how.I think it involved the hosts file.

Anyway I was wondering because I host a "dedicated" Clod sever on Hyperlobby and it shows up in the Clod ingame browser also.
Old 04-25-2012, 12:16 AM
Approved Member

thats only because steam is still needed to run the game.Even though Steam is needed I still prefer launching threw Hyperlobby because the game loads much quicker straight to the server without having to see all the opening stuff.

as far as x-fire users being able to see and join?that is a good question and needs to be tested.If often bothered me to see a program like x-fire leech off of other programs like HL to get users. Thats all x-fire was a leech program.I may be wrong but thats just my opinion.

will be checking out that server for sure.thank you for putting it up.
~S~