Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover

IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Latest instalment in the acclaimed IL-2 Sturmovik series from award-winning developer Maddox Games.

Old 04-22-2012, 01:09 PM
Approved Member

Default Yet another PC Problem.....

I recently had problems with CCC and, whilst sorting that out, I deleted C++. (CCC is working fine now)

After reinstalling everything, I am having problems with Windows Update where it is refusing to install C++ 2008 Redistributable (KB2538243). I have searched the internet and tried every single "Solution" given, none of which work one little bit.

Any ideas folks?
Old 04-22-2012, 02:22 PM
Approved Member

from what i read it seems to be a part of the OS. could you try system restore? or next known good configuration?
Also check and make sure your updates are actually turned on. sometimes system updates gets turned off and need to manually turn them back on again for updates to work.

if all else fails you might need to reformat but that would be a last resort.

but..the last time i had an update fail it was because updates got turned off somehow. or visa versa. i remember i had to turn updates off to install an update. wierd but true. hope this helps.
Old 04-23-2012, 10:23 PM
Approved Member

With that many user generated problem (looking at your last thread too), have you considered formatting your c: drive and starting fresh?
Old 04-23-2012, 11:40 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by von Brühl View Post
With that many user generated problem (looking at your last thread too), have you considered formatting your c: drive and starting fresh?
Many a time.

Turns out that reformatting was, infact, the root cause of the problem. It is a Microsoft bug. Don't you just love Microsoft? Thanks for your suggestions and help guys! I discovered a solution, eventually........ I'll mention it here incase anyone else has this problem in the future as the solution given by many is either reformatting (Which, come the time, can lead to the same problem repeating itself) or various steps which make no difference whatsoever....

The answer is to go into one's registry and give full privileges to all root directories. You have to do that even when logged in as Administrator as, for some bizarre reason known only to Bill Gates, even logging in as Admin does not make it so.

Old 04-24-2012, 12:21 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volksieg View Post
Many a time.

Turns out that reformatting was, infact, the root cause of the problem. It is a Microsoft bug. Don't you just love Microsoft? Thanks for your suggestions and help guys! I discovered a solution, eventually........ I'll mention it here incase anyone else has this problem in the future as the solution given by many is either reformatting (Which, come the time, can lead to the same problem repeating itself) or various steps which make no difference whatsoever....

The answer is to go into one's registry and give full privileges to all root directories. You have to do that even when logged in as Administrator as, for some bizarre reason known only to Bill Gates, even logging in as Admin does not make it so.

Very true, which is one reason I always specific a basic folder in my c: for any installations, never let it put anything into the Program Files (x85) or Windows folders.

I sometimes forget not everyone knows that trick!