Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik

IL-2 Sturmovik The famous combat flight simulator.

Old 03-15-2012, 06:17 PM
Approved Member

Default Trim aileron on FW190

On fw190 there are no trim switch for
ailerons. I read that the adjustment of
the ailerons was made on the ground
by adjusting the slats positioned on the
movable surfaces. This is a static setup.
At what speed this adjustment are effective?
Old 03-15-2012, 08:48 PM
Approved Member

Someone can quote the actual speed but I find that 80% throttle and a speed of approximately 400kph IAS is the ideal speed in-game. It may be lower than that...maybe around 380kph. In either case once the FW190 settles there it trims out very nicely...provided of course that your elevator trim is correct.
Old 03-15-2012, 09:01 PM
Approved Member

Thank you for reply.
Is important the prop pitch? Normally I set it to 60% for cruise speed.
Old 03-15-2012, 09:22 PM
Approved Member

The FW190 is supposed to have a fully automated prop pitch system so I tend to leave it alone most of the time.
Old 03-16-2012, 05:03 AM
Approved Member

I tried but I did not find a speed for a
level flight. I make always little adjustment with stick.
Old 03-16-2012, 05:15 AM
Approved Member

Unless some of the old salts want to disagree, my experience is you'll never find a "perfect" combination of settings that allow for hands off flying.

These are old birds with no autopilot. Even driving a car, one is sending dozens of micro-corrections through the steering wheel each minute. I tend to find US planes the easiest because most all of them have three trim inputs and they can be cleaned up nicely. That said, even the german or brit fighters can be put on a pretty darn straight and level course with the right trim, but you'll always need to input small corrections from time to time to keep on course and at proper altitude.
Old 03-16-2012, 11:32 AM
Approved Member

I think you're right, in fact, the combination could be but you have to be lucky to center and repeat it, there are too many variables is like a blanket too short. A calibration of the center left inaccuracies to right and left.
Old 03-16-2012, 11:43 PM
zipper

The 190 was a very odd airplane when it came to pitch trim. For any speed over 260mph it required only a single trim position, variations in speed alone wouldn't change trim requirement. Trim adjustment would be required for fuel burn, tho. As for ground adjustable trim tabs, the factory had its default setting which could be tossed right out by the pilot. All he'd have to do is tell the mechanic that the left (or right) wing was a little (or a lot) low and to adjust it. Too bad we can't make fixed trim adjustments before takeoff, eh?
Old 03-17-2012, 01:48 AM
Approved Member

One thing to do is make sure the reason for a wing up or down isn't because of incorrect rudder position.
Old 03-17-2012, 04:44 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whacker View Post
Unless some of the old salts want to disagree, my experience is you'll never find a "perfect" combination of settings that allow for hands off flying.

These are old birds with no autopilot. Even driving a car, one is sending dozens of micro-corrections through the steering wheel each minute. I tend to find US planes the easiest because most all of them have three trim inputs and they can be cleaned up nicely. That said, even the german or brit fighters can be put on a pretty darn straight and level course with the right trim, but you'll always need to input small corrections from time to time to keep on course and at proper altitude.
No I think you're right. Until the auto trim and auto pilot systems come into being none of these planes are truly hands off aircraft. They always require some sort of manual adjustment. There are some sweet spots that you can try and ride in but it doesn't mean you can leave it alone and grab a snack