Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover > Skins and Repaints for BOB COD

Old 03-09-2012, 10:59 AM
Approved Member

Default adding new skins

i have spent hours...HOURS...trying to add a bf-109e skin to my game, and have absolutely no joy whatsoever. the stock skin is super bland and reminds me of a poorly finished model, without even any weathering.

i have read all the website, including this one, and watched youtube vids, and still i can not figure this out. judging from he activity on this forum, it must be possible, so i have to conclude that i am some sort of idiot.

there are way too many pull down menus to choose from. i even thought i would be satisfied to get the game to weather the planes, but it still looks the same.

what the hell am i doing wrong?????
Old 03-09-2012, 12:02 PM
Approved Member

you must place your skins at
C:\Users\your name\Documents\1C SoftClub\il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover\PaintSchemes\Skins\folder of your plane
In the game, in the option panel (of the plane you have added the skin), your skin will appear.
Old 03-09-2012, 12:24 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by U505 View Post
you must place your skins at
C:\Users\your name\Documents\1C SoftClub\il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover\PaintSchemes\Skins\folder of your plane
In the game, in the option panel (of the plane you have added the skin), your skin will appear.
that's exactly what i did, but there is an enormous mess of pull down menus, and i have to know exactly what squadron, and a hundred other parameters i have no idea about?

it's not as easy as just skinning up the bf-109e or whatever...i could never get the new skin to appear as an option. only the stock skin. i could not even add the weathering. i tried to add weather and wear detail for all planes, but nothing even showed up.
Old 03-09-2012, 12:59 PM
Approved Member

I only fly the Bf 109 and I did not suspect it was so difficult for the allies side.I think the number on the tail of the plane can only be added when you make a skin.On the option panel you can only a default tail number.
I hope i help you.
Old 03-09-2012, 01:01 PM
Approved Member

not even remotely.
Old 03-09-2012, 01:05 PM
Approved Member

sorry you are not my neigbour it were easier to help you
Old 03-09-2012, 01:41 PM
Approved Member

Macphail..

What U505 has told you is correct, regarding the location to drop a new skin.
Make sure you're not dumping the skin into your steam's il2 folder.. It must be the one in "My Documents".

Perhaps if your vid settings aren't maxed, you won't be able to use the "ingame weathering"? The weathering slider works for me, but I've only tried it with the Bf109. However, the colour selection and the serial number does not work/appear in game for me.
SSD: Intel 520 Series 240GB
HDD: WD Black 1000GB (1TB)
MoBo: ASUS P8Z77-V Socket 1155 Intel Z77 Chipset
Old 03-09-2012, 05:21 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JG26_EZ View Post
Macphail..

Make sure you're not dumping the skin into your steam's il2 folder.. It must be the one in "My Documents".

Perhaps if your vid settings aren't maxed, you won't be able to use the "ingame weathering"? The weathering slider works for me, but I've only tried it with the Bf109. However, the colour selection and the serial number does not work/appear in game for me.
yes, i put it in the right folder. that part is easy. was i not clear about the problem? its all the bloody drop down menus in game. hierarchy, regiment, squadron, callsign, etc, etc. etc....

this has got to be easier! it seems all you fellows dont have such a hard time. i spent 7 f-ing hours trying to get this to work yest3erday. im quite pissed.
Old 03-09-2012, 10:00 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JG26_EZ View Post
Macphail..

wait, what???? my documents??? that's on c:. my game is installed on another drive. Q: to be exact. i was putting the files in the installed directory....on Q:

i'm quite certain i have all the video settings maxed out. brand new vid card does not seem to break a sweat playing this game. i just got a gtx560 with 1gb. works great. i'll have another go at this when i get back from work. thanks for all the input guys.

edit. i can now choose the added skin, but it does not save the changes, it does not show up in game, and the weathering also does not show up. very frustrating. i can move the sliders up, and see the exhaust streaks, paint chipping etc, but then i go to play, and its the same un-weathered stock paint scheme. i still dont quite get it. all video setting appear to be maxed out, but i see no change. when i go back to look at the settings it has all reverted to original settings. arg!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by macphail; 03-09-2012 at 10:12 PM.
Old 03-10-2012, 01:20 AM
Approved Member

Maybe it's just another ( of many) bugs that still exist. You said your game ran good on your system.. You're one of the lucky ones... With mine, I have different issues including the dreaded screen freeze or ctd.

You're most likely just going to have to bite your tongue until this, (or) / next patch fixes yours/my/ everyone else's issues.
SSD: Intel 520 Series 240GB
HDD: WD Black 1000GB (1TB)
MoBo: ASUS P8Z77-V Socket 1155 Intel Z77 Chipset