Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover > CoD Multiplayer

CoD Multiplayer Everything about multiplayer in IL-2 CoD

Old 02-22-2012, 02:23 AM
Approved Member

Default Why no E4s

Why no E4s on the big servers online?
Old 02-22-2012, 03:09 AM
Approved Member

to compensate for the RAF boys not getting their Spit II. it is easier this way until the fm issues are resolved, then if the performance of all types in the sim reflect their historical performance it will be all systems go and may the best man win! hopefully not too much longer to wait

Craig
Old 02-22-2012, 10:19 AM
Approved Member

But the E4 is same as ALL other 109 variants currently in game.

Old 02-22-2012, 12:13 PM
Approved Member

no it's not. It has automatic prop pitch and it can be armed with M-Geschoss.
Old 02-22-2012, 01:06 PM
Approved Member

Richie, at the present point in time it is the most agreeable compromise for most concerned. i personally don't like the E-4 due to the auto prop pitch not getting the best out of the engine, and much prefer the MG armament of the E-1 due to being a very stable and accurate platform. with the present planeset minus MKII, and E-4 there is the best possible match up, and some great combat to be had, although to my mind the Rotol Hurri, and the 1a have their flight models mixed up! with time no doubt all will come out in the wash!

Craig
Old 02-22-2012, 07:10 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by trumps View Post
Richie, at the present point in time it is the most agreeable compromise for most concerned. i personally don't like the E-4 due to the auto prop pitch not getting the best out of the engine, and much prefer the MG armament of the E-1 due to being a very stable and accurate platform. with the present planeset minus MKII, and E-4 there is the best possible match up, and some great combat to be had, although to my mind the Rotol Hurri, and the 1a have their flight models mixed up! with time no doubt all will come out in the wash!

Craig

I love it because I don't have to worry about lugging or blowing up the motor so I can totally concentrate on the target. Otherwise I suck. The one map that has it in Spit VS 109s you blow up when you spawn.

Anyway to get more speed I take it off and on take off I always use manual but in dogfights there's now way you can argue manual is better.

Last edited by Richie; 02-22-2012 at 07:15 PM.
Old 02-22-2012, 10:26 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by recoilfx View Post
no it's not. It has automatic prop pitch and it can be armed with M-Geschoss.
And these make the FM of the E4 different than the other Emil series? The issue here is flight model over or under modelling. It is known the 2a is overmodelled(or correctly modelled in a game which everything else is undermodelled). So FM is the issue. So cannons and prop pitch change the FM how again?

Old 02-22-2012, 10:57 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojovtx View Post
And these make the FM of the E4 different than the other Emil series? The issue here is flight model over or under modelling. It is known the 2a is overmodelled(or correctly modelled in a game which everything else is undermodelled). So FM is the issue. So cannons and prop pitch change the FM how again?

FM of the Spitfire IIa is NOT an issue for those flying on the Red side; never was, in fact. I've been a strong advocate of having the Spit IIa with its 15 measly seconds of widely dispersed popguns and sputtering carb made available, as it rightly should be, on every RAF airfield. By rights, so the E4 should be available on every LW airfield. The Spit IIa has a bit of an FM advantage; in the right hands the E4 is nearly equal in FM and has a huge firepower advantage.

As it turns out, until the patch sorts all these issues out, the Spitfire IIa and the ME 109 E4 have been temporarily removed from Server #1 since neither side can agree. Server #2, however, may be more to your liking.
Old 02-22-2012, 10:58 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
The Spit IIa has a bit of an FM advantage;
Don't be misleading. The Spit IIa has the advantage in level speed, climb, and turn.

Last edited by CaptainDoggles; 02-22-2012 at 11:00 PM.
Old 02-22-2012, 11:26 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainDoggles View Post
Don't be misleading. The Spit IIa has the advantage in level speed, climb, and turn.
Don't be misleading yourself. The 109 can bunt into a dive and regain the initiative. Currently the E3 can easily outclimb, outdive, outshoot, and outrun the Hurricane Rotol -- yet you overlooked that, too. The Red pilots don't complain about it; they learn to adapt and fly better as a result.

Last edited by ATAG_Snapper; 02-22-2012 at 11:40 PM.