Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik > Daidalos Team discussions

Old 01-29-2012, 02:35 AM
Approved Member

Default Aircraft Performance with no CEM

I guess I am in a minority here as a non-CEM user. It seems to me performance of all aircraft has been greatly reduced when using simple engine management. So much so that it is virtually unplayable. For example, had a quick mission flying F4U vs Zero, AI zeros seemed to be faster. I would choose a 4.10 wildcat over a 4.11 F4U. Is this a problem that will be fixed or should non-CEM users consider 4.10 the last viable version?
Old 01-29-2012, 04:56 AM
Il-2 enthusiast & Moderator

There's been no change regarding CEM off performance with 4.11. I've also tested this just now with a sea level speed test in the F4U-1D, speeds are the same with CEM on and off.
Old 01-29-2012, 10:38 AM
Approved Member

I agree with Imaca. I have a hard time catching up with D3A's while flying the F4U-1A with no CEM. That is simply ridiculous. A two-seater with 1.000hp engine and fixed landinggear against 2.000hp smooth design singleseater.

But maybe it's only the performance of the F4U that is screwed in 4.11.
There's a separate thread on that subject.
Old 01-29-2012, 01:15 PM
Approved Member

I have had no issues with catching anyone in the F4U since 4.11. It may help that I start from altitude every time if I can help it, so my attack is in a dive. I do play with CEM on to get the most from my bird, but in level cruise there is no difference that I have seen. Will need to test the specific F4U vs. D3A though.
Old 01-30-2012, 11:07 AM
Approved Member

Thanks for reporting the problem. It's an old one but apparently nobody noticed that before. Fix is ready an it will be included in next patch.