Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik

IL-2 Sturmovik The famous combat flight simulator.

Old 01-22-2012, 09:51 PM
Approved Member

Default DBS Bomber Practice

Dedicated Bomber Squadron is hosting a public bomber practice.

EDIT: Constantly updated thread about all DBS activities: [CALENDAR] DBS activities.

Dedicated Bomber Squadron was inactive for the past two years. Now that 4.11 is out, we are back and looking to increase our numbers. We are a casual group of guys who enjoy teamwork and bombing as a group. We wear no tags nor do we hold mandatory weekly meetings. Do you consider yourself a bomber pilot or do you like flying bombers? Do you wish to learn formation flying and how to operate in a group of bombers? Then this is the right place to do it. No special skills required, just a will to learn.

If you have never heard of DBS, here are a couple of links that will tell you more about us:

Please post here or on battle-fields.com (recommended) if you are interested in participating.

LEVEL BOMBING MANUAL v2.0 | Dedicated Bomber Squadron
'MUSTANG' - compilation of online air victories

Last edited by T}{OR; 02-06-2012 at 02:04 PM. Reason: link to all DBS activities
Old 01-23-2012, 11:44 PM
Approved Member

Thanks T}{OR! I am interested, but in a near future. I think the fact that we dont have to folow "military" rules is just great. Sometimes i dont have much time, so, to be commited with strict weekly training etc would not be possible.
I have very old PC, but max at end 2012, probably new machine. Also builting a throttle for twin engine witch will help me a lot. After that, i will have to practice formation flying, with some help and tips of you people. Sure reading level bombing manual will help to. I think is a very good idea, hope lots of people join.

Question: any MODs wil be needed, or just stock game?

And, who knows if in the future Daidalos team will do improovements were we could have human pilot and co-pilot in same plane, one of them doing the aiming, and other flying, or on longer missions, alternate (so we can go to bathroom)
Old 01-24-2012, 07:17 AM
Approved Member

For now stock, until mod packs catch up. 4.11 has stuff mod packs do not have at this moment.

As I said, we fly usually once a week, and on Sundays to accommodate for the US pilots. If you like bombers and want to learn formation flying and tactics involved - join at any time.

Great fun guaranteed, and you will learn a lot. No matter you have an old rig, if you can join the practice. There will be more of them over the following weekends.

Then if you like what we do and wish to fly with us, we will add you to the DBS.

Old 01-27-2012, 06:29 PM
Approved Member

You fly mostly B25, correct? i will give a look at B25, memorize gauges, and when i have some time i will do some flying. B25 does not have manual mixture: is it just in the game, or real B25´s had auto-mix?
I red that the fact that you cannot ocupy co-pilots seats in most IL2 planes is a problem to some positions on the formation flight. Now that they have reworked 3D interiors, i will ask team Daidalos if it will be dificult to get the co-pilot position available. Suggest that you ask them also two asking its better than one!
Old 01-27-2012, 08:30 PM
Approved Member

We fly everything = equally well. It is just that we started with B-25 many years ago so it has a special place with DBS.

Come join us this Sunday, and we will get you up to speed. There will be about 8-10 of us, which is perfect for detailed practice. When we have many people on a practice, I can not brief everyone individually. This way, I can answer many of your questions and you will be up to speed in no time. Even if you have never flown in a B-25 - join the practice, I guarantee you will learn a lot. And if you like it, you are more than welcome to fly with us any time.

B-25 has the best visibility cockpit and is easiest to fly formation with. Hence our choice for the practice.

Last edited by T}{OR; 01-27-2012 at 08:32 PM.
Old 01-29-2012, 10:18 PM
Approved Member

The practice went very well:

Good to see new and interested bomber pilots. There are high chances we are taking off again next Sunday.

Old 01-30-2012, 07:10 AM
Approved Member

I hope I can find some time joining you guys soon.
I like flying bombers, and not flying alone on a server is something you can't see every day

Nice screens! Enjoyed watching them.
Old 01-30-2012, 01:04 PM
Approved Member

Thanks. Glad you liked them.

We are going up this Sunday again, if you are interested and have the time to join us - come and register at battle-fields.com.

I would just like to thank TD for an excellent job with this last patch, finally we don't have to worry about the friendly fire from out gunners. The gunners are amazing now!

Last edited by T}{OR; 02-03-2012 at 11:02 AM.
Old 02-06-2012, 12:11 PM
Approved Member

Exclamation

Link added to the first post: constantly updated thread where you can find info (dates & threads) about all DBS activities.

T}{OR

Old 02-11-2012, 09:19 AM
Approved Member

Default Formation Flying #1 report | 10022012

This was Chicky's first ever IL2 & TS combined experience, and in under an hour he learned how to fly formation with us, like the best of them.

For more DBS events, please follow the link in the first post (a large bomber practice is scheduled for this Sunday). We welcome anyone interested in learning and flying bombers.