Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover > CoD Multiplayer

CoD Multiplayer Everything about multiplayer in IL-2 CoD

Old 01-12-2012, 09:37 PM
Approved Member

Default IL2ClodCommander Server Manager

All -

Attached is an initial release of the IL2ClodCommander program I've been working on. It is pretty raw at the moment, but does manage mission rotation and has a working stats part.

It works by using Scripting in the Mission.cs file to pass data to a program with keeps tabs on things and links to a database. A lot of it could have been done in the scripts itself, but I wanted it separate from the Dedicated Server.

Right now it only has Count Objectives working. Which means that to determine if a mission has been one, you designate a certain amount of an object type to be destroyed for that objective to be complete. (i.e. 5 Tanks, 3 ships, etc)

There is a readme.txt file which goes over the basic installation and running.

There is still a bit of work to do and I would be interested in any offers of assistance.

Some things that I plan on updating in the immediate future:

Keep sortie information for 5 minutes after a sortie ends (Or until the mission ends) before writing the data out to the database. With Clod your kills may not show up right away or if you bail out it takes time for the parachute to land, etc.

Other things that need to be done:
Add tracking of Parachute results. It currently captures when you parachute out, but does not track if you land in your chute or are killed in your parachute.

Figure out how to gather Bullets/bombs/rockets info from the server for inclusion in stats.

Add Trigger support (Like Target Objectives) to allow missions to be won by mission triggers.

Figure out what weapon loadouts taken at the Sortie start.

Update the GUI to show the pilots list (Currently does not work)

Add more user/Admin commands.

Anyhow this is a start,

RAF238thWildWillie

P.S. Just realized this site does not allow 7z attachments. Need to compress in another format before uploading.
Attached Files
File Type: zip IL2ClodCommander v1.0 Beta.zip (5.62 MB, 134 views)
Old 01-12-2012, 09:47 PM
Approved Member

Great stuff Willie!

What have you been doing about the null errors? One thing we have to do is restart the server every so often or some people will be locked out. Might not be a bad idea to add something like that in between the rotation piece. With all the steam errors, it's very frustrating keeping a server up (automatically).

Thanks!

ATAG Forums + Stats
Old 01-12-2012, 11:52 PM
Approved Member

What do you mean by "null errors" ? Like this one:
Code:
[07:17:17]	=================================================
[07:17:17]	System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
[07:17:17]	   at LYqSxVUb301LL4jGavw.ZwH7F0UuLB23PuC9oo5.dU5QQyWtLl(r07HI3T3F1600G48A6t , GFLK6d8aKf0VrJKYuLT )
[07:17:17]	   at Nxt3iJYHuBeNh7InIPp.SiM9x2YyQLXTcHxQFWH.hrLQbkJSkFm(ZwH7F0UuLB23PuC9oo5 , Int32 )
I started our server last night at 9:30 and it is still running without problem.
I have 4 missions in rotation and the Dedicated server uses between 700mb and 950mb of memory.

I just found one issue I have been tracking where the player is not removed after they have disconnected. Which is why you see 85 players ingame on our stats page when it actually is only 1.

Attached is the new exe for that fix.

Also you will need to download the latest GeoCityLite.dat file from http://www.maxmind.com/app/geolitecity and unzip it to the IL2ClodCommander folder.

Willie
Attached Files
File Type: zip IL2CloDCommander.zip (112.5 KB, 53 views)
Old 01-13-2012, 12:15 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildwillie View Post
What do you mean by "null errors" ? Like this one:
Code:
[07:17:17]	System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
[07:17:17]	   at LYqSxVUb301LL4jGavw.ZwH7F0UuLB23PuC9oo5.dU5QQyWtLl(r07HI3T3F1600G48A6t , GFLK6d8aKf0VrJKYuLT )
[07:17:17]	   at Nxt3iJYHuBeNh7InIPp.SiM9x2YyQLXTcHxQFWH.hrLQbkJSkFm(ZwH7F0UuLB23PuC9oo5 , Int32 )
I started our server last night at 9:30 and it is still running without problem.
I have 4 missions in rotation and the Dedicated server uses between 700mb and 950mb of memory.

I just found one issue I have been tracking where the player is not removed after they have disconnected. Which is why you see 85 players ingame on our stats page when it actually is only 1.

Attached is the new exe for that fix.

Also you will need to download the latest GeoCityLite.dat file from http://www.maxmind.com/app/geolitecity and unzip it to the IL2ClodCommander folder.

Willie
That error message, is sadly normal (currently). What I'm talking about is the steam stats tracker in my sig. Sometimes you'll see a player labeled as (null). This is a player that attempted to join the server yet failed authorization. So this (null) will stay on the on the steam stats and the player will not be able to join until the server is completely restarted. So if you have a null in your listing and kept your server up 24/7 that particular player can never join again. This extra player does not show up in the console, so it's not like you could kick him out either. They are just stuck failing auth. So if you had 25 players according to steam and 1 of those being a null, your in-game server will only show 24.

That's why we restart the server at the end of each mission. We used to rotate missions, but found leaving the server up will significantly increase the amount of players that can't join (nulls) to well in the 20's in a 24 hour window. And this null thing is completely random. It's happened to the majority of players I've talked to at least 1 time.

Another reason why we really need dedi files for the server.

ATAG Forums + Stats
Old 01-13-2012, 09:51 AM
Approved Member

Excellant, thanks WW!
Old 01-13-2012, 11:09 AM
Approved Member

Thanks for the explanation Bliss. I myself was having trouble connecting to our server one time and that sounds like exactly what you described.

We had a new guy try to join earlier this week but kept failing authentication. Finally last night he was able to join.

I have been restarting my server a couple times a day when I am coding and updating things, but other than that I try and leave it alone. I will keep a better watch on it now though.

One thing I do seem to be having trouble with is the Server losing connection to Steam. I will notice that the server does not show up in the client list. I go to the server and see a little message box that steam has disconnected. At that point I try and shut everything down and restart but Steam says it is trying to sync. It may stay that way for 5 minutes or 2 hours before I am finally able to get the server back online. Any Ideas what that might be ?

Thanks,

WildWillie
Old 01-13-2012, 11:56 AM
Approved Member

@ wildwillie
Thank you for sharing! Do you plan to share the source code? Small_Bee is working on server commander and stat too (screenshots of commander and stat ). I think it would be efficient if you join efforts if it is possible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATAG_Bliss View Post
And this null thing is completely random. It's happened to the majority of players I've talked to at least 1 time.
Not exactly random. There are at lease two cases which you can reproduce to get this error.
1) Click Cancel while connecting to a server.
2) Chose to disconnect from a server when it is in lag.

Then when trying to connect you get "Server failed authentication" error but you can see your name in the server browser list of players present at the server. Thus I think kick <name> (or maybe kick null) command should work but I never tested it.

Last edited by Ataros; 01-13-2012 at 12:09 PM.
Old 01-13-2012, 12:12 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildwillie View Post
One thing I do seem to be having trouble with is the Server losing connection to Steam. I will notice that the server does not show up in the client list. I go to the server and see a little message box that steam has disconnected. At that point I try and shut everything down and restart but Steam says it is trying to sync. It may stay that way for 5 minutes or 2 hours before I am finally able to get the server back online. Any Ideas what that might be ?
Try setting the server to autorestart when it happens as described here http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=25429
Old 01-13-2012, 12:38 PM
Approved Member

Ataros -

Source code (Visual Studio project) is provided in the download.

WW
Old 01-13-2012, 02:53 PM
Approved Member

I think it's really great that you include the source code.