Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover > CoD Multiplayer

CoD Multiplayer Everything about multiplayer in IL-2 CoD

Old 12-29-2011, 07:46 PM
Approved Member

Default CO-OPs again...

After the CO-OP poll i thought i remembered something Luthier had said, and here it is....

Unfortunately two major things we cut out of the beta version of the patch did not make it into this release. Distant 2D clouds continue to conflict with NVidia SLI. The old Il-2 co-op style plane/position selection GUI also needs more work.

These changes will be released shortly.

From here... http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=24037

Which seems odd when Luthier says this now....

Will we see the coop mission in CloD, as it was in the old "IL-2"?

Quote:
Don’t understand the question. The way we see it, CoD already has Il-2-style co-op. We are certainly not planning any major changes to online modes, GUI, or anything like that.

Confused, so was Luthier just making that up about the clouds and CO-OPs? patch padding?

Last edited by furbs; 12-29-2011 at 08:20 PM.
Old 12-29-2011, 08:23 PM
Registered Member

I remeber this too.
So whats going on with it???????
Or is it just another unanswered question?
Old 12-29-2011, 08:37 PM
Approved Member

uhm.... maybe luthier fixed, tough it was released when it isnt. it would be a normal confusion and happens to me.
Old 12-29-2011, 08:41 PM
Approved Member

Or maybe we're all talking cross purposes, he specifically states GUI there and most of the discussion I've seen mentioned just says co-ops, in which case Luthier is right, they do exist, we just don't have the GUI yet?
Old 12-29-2011, 08:53 PM
Approved Member

No Dano, i think they have gone the same place as this lot....remember...

FM reworked
DM fixed
Radio coms working
Radar
Ground control
British ships
2d clouds
Sli fixed
Exe crashes fixed
Community manager
Ground handling
Something great but i cant say...
SDK coming very soon!
FMB docs
Server files
Old 12-29-2011, 08:53 PM
Approved Member

The big downer for the Squad I am in at the moment is the inability to have coops on the main channel map, really the whole idea of the game for squad based flyers I think.....

Chris

http://www.aircombatgroup.co.uk/index.php

Gigabyte z77-d3h, Intel Core i5-3570K 3.40GHz (OC 4.2GHz), Corsair Vengeance Low Profile 24GB DDR3 PC3-12800C9 1600MHz Dual Channel Kit , Samsung 120GB SSD 840 SATA 6Gb/s Basic, Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM 1TB SATA 6Gb/s 64MB, Cooling Silencer Mk II 750W '80 Plus Silver' PSU,
GTX580 3gb OC
Old 12-29-2011, 08:57 PM
Approved Member

Stop that furbs, I'm trying to stay positive
Old 12-29-2011, 09:21 PM
Tree_UK

Stay positive guys its not good for your membership to be anything else here. I think Luthier is doing a fantastic job, its just that he has great difficulty in remembering anything.

Last edited by Tree_UK; 12-29-2011 at 09:28 PM.
Old 12-29-2011, 09:47 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by furbs View Post
After the CO-OP poll i thought i remembered something Luthier had said, and here it is....

Unfortunately two major things we cut out of the beta version of the patch did not make it into this release. Distant 2D clouds continue to conflict with NVidia SLI. The old Il-2 co-op style plane/position selection GUI also needs more work.

These changes will be released shortly.

From here... http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=24037
Luthier was probably refering to the plane/position list in the map/briefing menu, wich was introduced in one of the patches.

And yeah... it's possible to play coops in Cliffs of Dover right now, just design a coop mission instead of a dogfight map. And you can use a coop script to get rid of the plane selection problem and if you don't want the AI taking off early.
Old 12-29-2011, 10:25 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HR_Naglfar View Post
Luthier was probably refering to the plane/position list in the map/briefing menu, wich was introduced in one of the patches.
Yes, COOP-style plane selection menu was introduced in the latest patch. It is supposed to fix the coop issue when players could not select planes if map icons were turned off. Before patch it was possible to select planes in coop only by clicking their icons on the map.

WPF.Unavailable issue prevents the menu from working correctly on the channel map however. A script posted in the MP forums sections solves this and other problems but does not have a GUI: i.e. players have to press 1,2,3,4, etc. keys on keyboard instead of clicking LMB. Not a big deal.