Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover > Gameplay questions threads

Gameplay questions threads Everything about playing CoD (missions, tactics, how to... and etc.)

Old 12-25-2011, 06:03 AM
Approved Member

Default Level bombing in the Blenheim

Is anyone successfully level bombing in the Blenheim? I take off, climb to 5k feet, adjust the bombsight for altitude and TAS, and release when the target is in the reticle and constantly land short of the target. Skip bombing is a piece of cake in comparison.

This is my first attempt at level bombing and I am perfectly willing to admit it could be my lack of experience (and lack of horizontal stabiliser) but given the other bugs in the game thought it worth checking if the gunsight could be bugged. Maybe I'm better off in a blue bomber at first.

I know there are a lot of old threads about this but I'm not sure what's been patched already. So - is anyone successfully level bombing at altitude?

Edit: Yes, I am! Read on if you are having trouble...

Last edited by jimbop; 12-27-2011 at 07:42 PM.
Old 12-25-2011, 10:30 AM
Approved Member

S!

If you are always at same alt and speed, then just decrease speed just a tiny notch(releases earlier) or if keeping same settings just go a bit over target before release.
Old 12-25-2011, 11:49 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbop View Post
Is anyone successfully level bombing in the Blenheim? I take off, climb to 5k feet, adjust the bombsight for altitude and TAS, and release when the target is in the reticle and constantly land short of the target. Skip bombing is a piece of cake in comparison.

This is my first attempt at level bombing and I am perfectly willing to admit it could be my lack of experience (and lack of horizontal stabiliser) but given the other bugs in the game thought it worth checking if the gunsight could be bugged. Maybe I'm better off in a blue bomber at first.

I know there are a lot of old threads about this but I'm not sure what's been patched already. So - is anyone successfully level bombing at altitude?
Hi Jim, 'Knucklebutt' is doing some extensive testing and is having some good results. I'm not sure if he comes to this forum too often though.

He has mentioned that he's trying to put a video tutorial together, but if you spot him on teamspeak have a word. Also the thread I posted over at ATAG re Skip Bombing is evolving into a level bombing thread also!

I'm as interested as you are in the way to go!

Cheers!

Last edited by ATAG_Dutch; 12-26-2011 at 01:49 PM. Reason: was wrong about Denis' nick being different!
Old 12-25-2011, 12:03 PM
Approved Member

I'll keep an eye out for him.

Your skip bombing vids were what got me into the Blenheim in the first place - very well done so thanks! Here's a link for anyone interested: http://theairtacticalassaultgroup.co...s-only.&p=5842
Old 12-25-2011, 11:06 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbop View Post
I'll keep an eye out for him.

Your skip bombing vids were what got me into the Blenheim in the first place - very well done so thanks! Here's a link for anyone interested: http://theairtacticalassaultgroup.co...s-only.&p=5842
+1
Those videos are the only reason I could get the blenhiem of the ground! Thanks!
Old 12-25-2011, 11:08 PM
Approved Member

Blimey. Thanks chaps.
Old 12-26-2011, 01:24 PM
Approved Member

Hay Gang Knucklebutt here: Actually its "Denis" I get a kick out of all the goofy names people come up with, never really understood why it cant be Jim or Bob or Ralph: sorry I'm ranting.

Yes I am still working out high altitude bombing, holidays have slowed me down a bit. The best news was the # 2 ATAG server that actually had worthwhile stuff to blow up.

The Tanks near "Loon-Plage" have horrendous anti aircraft fire, Tried a high altitude run yesterday but mis-managed my climb and blew an engine. Will try again today and post results. Also looking for people that are interested in the Blenheim to team up at specific time to work on formation bombing.

I have never been much of a fighter pilot, love all the planning a bomber takes

Knucklebutt/Denis
Old 12-26-2011, 03:12 PM
Approved Member

Great Videos Dutch! Thanks
Old 12-26-2011, 03:16 PM
Approved Member

BTW:

Has anyone spotted the purported ammo dump located near Desures P-5

Flown the Blenheim around that area, not really sure what an ammo dump looks like

Knuckles/Denis
Old 12-26-2011, 03:18 PM
Approved Member

O.K. while we are still on the subject ::

How the heck do you Bail out of a Blenheim ?????? I dont think Ctr-E will do it

Knucklebutt/ Denis