Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover > Technical threads > Controls threads

Controls threads Everything about controls in CoD

Old 11-12-2011, 03:27 PM
Approved Member

Default Autopilot questions

I am learning to fly in Single Player Cross Country mission using the Bf110.. I RTFM about an autopilot,Key A, mentioned but not explained..I use Saitek x52 pro button and get Kurssterung Mode. The manual suggested A would fly AC for me but I think that applies to complex enenmy present missions, which I have not yet tried. Turning Mode On seemed to head my Bf110 for the ground! Maybe I turned mode off too soon and it would fly crosscountry course as on map.
The Bf110 has Course Autopilot deviation under gunsight which I assume simplifies pilot steering on course. I also see Directional Gyro (one article said it must be reset every 15 minutes) and below Course Autopilot Preset which I assume also guides pilot steering. Repeater Compass has course setter button and there is a Course Autopilot Adjust Course R&L box, left side at window level.
I got one reply to previous info search that suggests the autopilot is not a set/forget device so I can read a novel..but a steering simplifier. I find 6 Course Autopilot commands too.
I want to understand the cockpit and would appreciate information. I have googled for articles, searched the forums for answers, and thought I would ask the experts again.Many thanks
Old 11-12-2011, 04:51 PM
Approved Member

Hi Zahnarzt62,

the A key just lets the AI fly your aircraft. Doesn't have anything in common with "real" autopilot (selbständige Kurssteueranlage / Kurssteuerung) wich works fine with Bf 110.

Unfortunately I doubt that I can express myself well enough in english to explain you what to do to use the Kurssteuerung properly.

Last edited by Foo'bar; 11-12-2011 at 04:54 PM.
Old 11-12-2011, 09:11 PM
Approved Member

That is a good start..many thanks. Cheers, John