Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey

IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey Famous title comes to consoles.

Old 09-19-2011, 02:51 PM
Approved Member

Default Manual setting for Thustmaster T-Hotas X

How do you find the mapping commands so one can manually set the T-Hotas manually?
One gent said to download the patch,but they want money for that,and I don't think that is correct!I could manually set the joystick configuration if I had a list of all the possible commands.
How does one get to the newer aircraft.By completing all the training missions?
I have a PS3,as I see the hand writing on the wall for flight sims and the PC.
I guess I could go back to Aces High,but I was getting burned out with it.Birds of Prey has some redeeming qualities,but I wish I could use my CH Products set up with BOP.
Old 09-19-2011, 03:19 PM
Approved Member

Does this really require a new thread to be started? Surely your previous one would have been suitable?

As for 'the patch', if your on PS3 it will automatically download as soon as you launch the game. The PS3 store has additional content in the form of the P47 and some additional single missions.
As for unlocking aircraft have you looked at the stickied threads above? There's one there that shows all unlocks and trophies both pre and post patch.

This may help you....
http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/search.php

Last edited by Gilly; 09-19-2011 at 03:30 PM.
Old 09-19-2011, 03:30 PM
Approved Member

I doesn't download the patch if you don't pay for it!I'm new and just trying to understand a few things.I'll get it figured out,but you don't need to chide me for asking questions in a nice way!
Same type of guys run guys out of Aces High by being rude to newbs.I been doing flight sims a long time,and I always tried to help new people when they were struggling.
Old 09-19-2011, 03:40 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pocatellodave View Post
I doesn't download the patch if you don't pay for it!I'm new and just trying to understand a few things.I'll get it figured out,but you don't need to chide me for asking questions in a nice way!
Same type of guys run guys out of Aces High by being rude to newbs.I been doing flight sims a long time,and I always tried to help new people when they were struggling.
There's nothing to pay! Just launch the game whilst connected to the PSN and you will get a message saying an update needs to be installed. Once installed (FREE) you will be able to select custom layouts in options.
The P47 will cost you yes.
As for being as you put it 'chide' I was pointing out that your question didn't need a whole new thread and that your previous one would have been more than sufficient for the latest question. What you do by opening a whole new thread for what is in essence exactly the same issue you were having is give the impression youre here to troll. And believe me when I say we've had our fair share here!

Its also worth introducing yourself in the new pilots section of the stickys.

Last edited by Gilly; 09-19-2011 at 03:44 PM.
Old 09-19-2011, 05:25 PM
Approved Member

Like I said in your other thread. The Tested PC stick thread has helpful info for you. Search function does work well by the way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoxford Boy View Post
I got the TM Hotas to work pretty well. This is FYI for anyone considering buying or attempting to install one. I had to use a the custom layout and a fair amount of trial and error. I also LOCKED the right stick so it would not swivel ( twist ). There are a couple of the buttons that you can not program at all and 2 of those default to the pause menu and console menu. I was able to program everything but but had to sacrifice 1 item .... Target Camera. I also found on something interesting. the O, X, triangle, and square buttons are on the left stick ( throttle ). When I crashed and tried to click the "X" to continue it would not accept the command. By accident I discovered that some of those will only work IF the throttle is in the stright up position. In all, I have yet to work all the gremlins out of the system but do enjoy the play and control the stick gives.

XBL GT: - Robotic Pope
HyperLobby CS: - Robot_Pope
Old 09-19-2011, 07:20 PM
Approved Member

I don't understand why anyone would have to create a custom layout for the TM Hotas. The stick is supported right out of the box and has it's own mapping system built in. You can create a custom control scheme without losing the brake and zoom functions.

These should help with the basic layout

http://img266.imageshack.us/img266/8...ustmaster1.jpg

http://img62.imageshack.us/img62/183...ustmaster2.jpg

StiC
Old 09-20-2011, 02:39 PM
Approved Member

I'm using the T-Hotas X thrustmaster 1 settings,but the buttons aren't correct.The L1 button is supposed to be for flaps,but it is zoom!I like the 1st config so I can give orders easier.It's hard to program a stick if one doesn't have a list of command buttons so you can set your stick up the way you want it.The 2nd thrustmaster settings are off as well.To fire you have to use the throttle change view button!I'm still working on getting this right.Anyone using a T-Hotas X give a hand please.
Old 09-20-2011, 04:54 PM
Approved Member

I use the T-master, but I'm not sure I can help you mate. Anyway, let's try...
In controlsettings you set it to "Thrustmaster1" for multiplayermode, and "Thrustmaster2" for singelplayermode.
Then you can map it as you like button by button by clicking "Preset" first and then "Mapping". The red light blinks, and next step is basicly you push the button you want to change first, and then the button you want to map it to. Repeat until you got the buttons mapped to your taste. The illustrations Stic provided will help you a lot. I got my stick mapped very much as the illustrations show, with a cpl of exceptions.
Hope it helps mate. Have fun!

(And when nothing else works you allways got the users manual).

Last edited by McQ59; 09-20-2011 at 06:54 PM.
Old 09-20-2011, 08:55 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
I'm using the T-Hotas X thrustmaster 1 settings,but the buttons aren't correct.The L1 button is supposed to be for flaps,but it is zoom!I like the 1st config so I can give orders easier.It's hard to program a stick if one doesn't have a list of command buttons so you can set your stick up the way you want it.The 2nd thrustmaster settings are off as well.To fire you have to use the throttle change view button!I'm still working on getting this right.Anyone using a T-Hotas X give a hand please.
I'm sorry the pictures don't match.

The only thing I can tell you is start a training mission on realistic or arcade difficulty against a couple of bombers and see for yourself what each button does. After that you can re-map them as you like. For example I have all my weapons and target select/trim on the stick and zoom, target camera/flaps, map and camera switch on the throttle.

StiC
Old 09-20-2011, 09:19 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
I wouldn't consider that being rude .a follow up question on your previous thread would have worked just as well .you could also have responded to people on that thread who tried to help you.i hope you get your problem figured out.