Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > Men of War > Men of War: Vietnam

Men of War: Vietnam A new title in the world-known Men of War real-time tactics game series

Old 09-13-2011, 03:45 PM
Registered Member

Default Lack of GEM editor in Men of Ward Vietnam.

One of my favourite things in the men of war series has been the editor. The ability to instantly and easily go in to an editor that comes freely with the game and start having fun.
From the moment MOW: Vietnam was announced I instantly started thinking of different things to do with in the editor.
But then i finally get the game and to my horror there is no editor. I sincerely hope that an update will be released adding an editor to this game. as that is what gives the men of war games so many hours of playability.
I really hope 1c wakes up, and adds an editor into this game, so i can continue to have as much fun with this game as i have with the other men of war games.
Old 09-13-2011, 04:05 PM
Approved Member

while i agree that this game should really have an editor, it's not really surprising that it shipped without one since Red Tide, the developer's previous MoW project, didn't have an editor, either.
Old 09-13-2011, 04:18 PM
Approved Member

Couldn't agree more. It's not the same game whitout the editor
Old 09-13-2011, 04:20 PM
Registered Member

Default Without the editor this game is already on the shelf.

I totally agree...the only thing I was looking forward to about this game was the editor and making my own battles in it. I have already finished all the missions in MOW V and I'll be back playing MOW AS in the editor and online as of now.

I'll give them a few weeks to see if C1 adds the editor in an update and then if not, I'll delete it just as I did with MOW RT.

Just to note, MOW and MOW AS were both developed by Digitalmindsoft and C1 and have been 5 star games which have stolen many hours of my life

MOW RT and MOW V were only developed by C1 and have been rather poor compared to the other two...check who developes the next MOW game before you buy it as it seems to be very important as to if its going to be really cool or not.
Old 09-15-2011, 04:51 AM
Registered Member

It's funny considering 1C Is the publishing company for most if not all of the Men of War games. and the games they make themselves in the series turn out to be garbage compared to their Child Companies like Best Way and DMS.

Russian Activision anyone?
Oh Wait. That's not entirley true, because infinity Ward is shit too
Old 09-15-2011, 04:57 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TakAhLah View Post
I totally agree...the only thing I was looking forward to about this game was the editor and making my own battles in it. I have already finished all the missions in MOW V and I'll be back playing MOW AS in the editor and online as of now.

I'll give them a few weeks to see if C1 adds the editor in an update and then if not, I'll delete it just as I did with MOW RT.

Just to note, MOW and MOW AS were both developed by Digitalmindsoft and C1 and have been 5 star games which have stolen many hours of my life

MOW RT and MOW V were only developed by C1 and have been rather poor compared to the other two...check who developes the next MOW game before you buy it as it seems to be very important as to if its going to be really cool or not.
Men of War was developed by Best Way, a Ukrainian Company, DMS Assisted but Best Way was the Lead

Assault Squad was developed by Digitalmindsoft, a German company.

Several other companies like Aspyr from the US and 505 Games, a British/Italian company assisted in both games with various things. but it all depends on which region copy you own.

I own two copies of the original Men of War, one on steam and an old disc version I dont use anymore, my Steam copy makes absolutley no mention to Aspyr or 505, while the retail one has like 5 company logos on it, 1C, Bestway, DMS, Aspyr, and 505 Games

Interesting considering 505 is a British/Italian publisher. but it wouldnt be the first time Canada had NSTC compatible games imported from Europe, since by law we are bilingual, a lot of our french versions of video games are imported from France, regardless of where they were originally developed
Old 09-15-2011, 11:49 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kastrenzo View Post
Men of War was developed by Best Way, a Ukrainian Company, DMS Assisted but Best Way was the Lead

Assault Squad was developed by Digitalmindsoft, a German company.
Well I wasn't entirely wrong DMS was in on both of the good MOW games...Anyway the important thing is the point I was making... that the C1 only releases have been rather substandard.
Old 09-15-2011, 11:53 AM
Approved Member

Surely if they see that 99% of the fans are calling out for an editor it would only make sense for them to give it to us?
Old 09-15-2011, 11:59 AM
Approved Member

Editor to Vietnam can't be released due to the license agreement. The same situation was with Red Tide.
Old 09-15-2011, 12:05 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nike-it View Post
Editor to Vietnam can't be released due to the license agreement. The same situation was with Red Tide.
Well that sounds bad. I guess. Can't you like make a video or something how to the Vietnam stuff in the Mow Editor or something?
100% desperate.