Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > Men of War > Men of War: Vietnam

Men of War: Vietnam A new title in the world-known Men of War real-time tactics game series

Old 09-09-2011, 06:49 PM
Approved Member

Default Wish I read this review before buying

http://www.platformnation.com/2011/0...nam-review-pc/

5 out of 10 and sums up this stripped down money grab. Looks like 1C is reading the "How to Kill a Franchise" set forth by so many developers before them. Never again 1C...not a dime from me anymore but you obviously don't care since you don't have the courtesy to post in your own forum.
Old 09-11-2011, 08:17 AM
Approved Member

On the strength of this, I don't think I'm gonna be in any rush to buy. I'll wait until it hits the bargain bins.
Old 09-12-2011, 11:45 PM
Registered Member

Funny thing is, he is talking about Men of War having HUGE MASSIVE FIGHTS. He complains constantly about the difficulty of the game and the lack of a learning curve, and complains on how it is similar to assault squad in the way it "Removed too much stuff." and "Forgot to put new stuff in," Turning around and forgetting to mention Helicopters and Pungi traps.

Overall, I think the review is bull. While the game did leave me a little upset, it has all the problems ALL men of war titles have, and I don't see a reason to rip those out and say that they are worsened in Vietnam.

Also, he mentions medics throughout the ENTIRE series. Last time I checked, medics were only in assault squad, I believe.

And he even complains about the VOICE ACTING. It is a men of war game. Again, if you have any experience with any men of war title, the voice acting is always. *******. terrible.

So, TL;DR, Vietnam is just a similar kind of game to the original, but buffed up in difficulty, and with twice the enemies. I love this, and it enforces what Men of war has introduced throughout the beginning, Squad-based RTS combat with extreme micro-managing options and insurmountable odds. So I feel it fits right in with the series. Although I AM disappointed that you cannot control helicopters, as the fact is quite widely spread, but hell, I might be wrong.