Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > Men of War > Men of War: Vietnam

Men of War: Vietnam A new title in the world-known Men of War real-time tactics game series

Old 09-09-2011, 03:32 PM
Registered Member

Default I'm disappointed 1C!

The thread title says it all.

First of all, I technically got what I expected. A typical Men of War game: extremely tough SP missions (), the worst voice acting ever (yes, don't worry - it got even worse!) and the missions are unpredictable and imho pretty fun like they have always been.

But here starts my critism, I try to keep it constructive...

First off, this costs 30 €. For 30 €, we get 10 single-player missions that aren't even particularly long. I really expected A LOT longer missions for this money! I am only trough with the Vietnamese campaign now and I can only say: if the USA campaign isn't at least twice as long, it is NOT worth the money.
But OK, at least they are fun and challenging on hard.

Now: the games improvements compared to Men of War:
- erm.. there.. there are new HDR.. ah no wait HDR doesn't seem to work for me.. but there's.. well the new units don't have to be mentioned... maybe... no that's been in MOW already... ah I give up.
I couldn't find A SINGLE IMPROVEMENT upon the MoW game apart from a bit refined graphics. Want examples what I think could.. no SHOULD have been improved?

- The AI still fires on positions where there have been enemies before - even if those are long-dead!
- Rocket launchers ARE STILL BUGGED!! (they still lose penetration over distance) Seriously, this one got me enraged! In MoW it was bad enough but now - dont you even play your own game?!? Theres actually a tool-tip "Rocket-launchers don't lose penetration over distance etc etc".
- The AI is stupid as always - eg you can still mow them down with a motorboat - they all just charge at the coast to see what's going on
- Projectiles still fly in slow-motion
- everything else that bugged you in Men of War

And to finish this: no mod support and the MP is boring and crap compared to Assalt Squad (again, nothing apart from the units changed).

Really, I am a huge, huge MoW fan. I was eagerly awaiting this and prepurchased it instantly. I can only say: I have lost faith in you and am disappointed. Utterly disappointed. I'm sure support will be dropped, nothing will be improved at all and there we are. Ten new MoW missions with a dozen new vehicles and maybe two dozen new small arms. For the price of the full MoW game.

There's actually just one question remaining for me. What took you so long releasing this game - did you have like two men working on it?!?
Won't blind-buy the next MoW title for sure.

Last edited by micromancer; 09-09-2011 at 03:35 PM.
Old 09-09-2011, 03:35 PM
Registered Member

Does the MP even work? When I tried it set to LAN, I could only select the original WW2 MOW nations, of which a few USSR/US infantry would work, everything else caused a CTD when trying to buy that unit....
Old 09-09-2011, 04:01 PM
Approved Member

just got my cd-key on steam, i restarted steam and loaded up vietnam and it popped up.
Old 09-09-2011, 06:55 PM
Registered Member

I have liked the game so far much. Super challening, but fun. I failed to destroy one huey in first campaign mission and its now shooting rockets after me. I have played now 2.1 hours the first mission and still one task to reach, so its not that short.

I also saw AI withdrawing at church, before attacking again from hideouts when some more backup arrived. Nice small details.
Old 09-09-2011, 07:03 PM
Approved Member

I am so pissed of so i wont buy this game, lucky shit i didnt do it...

Last edited by Sneaksie; 09-10-2011 at 10:46 PM. Reason: Piracy endorsement
Old 09-09-2011, 10:14 PM
Approved Member

so this sounds like this is just a rebadged/retextured regular M.O.W. game with new 3d models but in a jungle / vietnam theater and without any game-play improvments and/or new features?

Therefore, i highly presume that many of existing game-play annoyances glitches and bugs we already experience in other MOW series hasn't been fixed neither probably no new features hasn't been introduced...

Then if two guys were working on this it doesn't surprise me it took so long, probably one of them was doing the new 3d models and the other one painted the textures...

im a hardcore MOW fan and now when i read this thread i'm very disappointed to hear how much this highly potential game got neglected by it's developers
Old 09-09-2011, 11:19 PM
Registered Member

What's the point of this game with absolutely "NO" new features? Why don't you improve anything, why don't you correct mistakes from past games? If you don't want to do these, why do you remove past good features?

Where is beatufilly designed and exciting missions, detailed maps, mod support, map editor, large scale battles? Why can't we even use this shitty helicopters? All I see in this game is lots of trees, weird enemy AI as always, dozens of enemy soldiers and a small squad of soldiers which usualy gives a headache to babysitting.

I couldn't try multiplayer features yet. (I am having some issues when starting the game and on multiplayer screen. Just verified game files, it has started to download 2 of them again.) But I hope there is something new worth my money. Hope multiplayer modes are funny and I hope further missions are not as unpleasant as first ones. (By the way, how many missions are there in this game?) Or it will be last time I wasted my money on this series. It makes me sick I bought same game 4 times with no improvement on game engine. Seriously, how many did it take to finish this game? 2 weeks?

I enjoyed really much past games of this series, I was looking something like that for a long time. But this game is disappointing. Men of War: Vietnam should have been a mod made by players, not a game which is 40$.
Old 09-10-2011, 07:07 PM
Approved Member

definitely this is a MOD, not a new full game ...

even the voice acting of the US GI's is the same as from the ww2 mow series

and for the rest as voice acting, honestly.... lol i think i would go with static images & just text/subtitles for mission briefings without voice at all, either that should be done perfectly or just remain modest and minimalist, but not at unprofessional level as it is now.

if i was only the owner of 1C company , i would have immediately either 1)fired the current art director of MOW or 2) hired a new one
Old 09-11-2011, 08:28 AM
Approved Member

Lots of complaints everywhere. Haven't bought the game yet. Not sure whether I should bother.
Old 09-11-2011, 06:28 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colonel View Post
Lots of complaints everywhere. Haven't bought the game yet. Not sure whether I should bother.
Don't wait until the game is less that 5$ to buy it, it's extremely buggy, impossible, and the multiplayer doesn't even work..