Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover > Technical threads > FM/DM threads

FM/DM threads Everything about FM/DM in CoD

Old 09-06-2011, 08:59 PM
Approved Member

Default Latest Patch - Spitfire Neg G changes

Just been testing the new patch and apart from all the other things mentioned it seems we have a change to the neg G.

Nose down engine stops - wait a second whilst keeping nose down and engine returns to full power.

Canopy closed view is much better.

AMD A8 5600K Quad Core 3.6 Ghz - Win 7 64 - 8Gb Ram - GTX660ti 2Gb VRAM - FreeTrack - X52 - Asus 23' Monitor.
Old 09-06-2011, 09:46 PM
Approved Member

I tested it one hour ago and put the nose of my spitfire down for about 5 secs. My engine somehow catched fire and seriously struggled to return to full power. After another 5 minutes it finally stopped working and I had to crash land into a field. It was also shaking like I just flew into Hurricane Irene.
Old 09-07-2011, 12:37 AM
Approved Member

I cannot replicate that. I just tried the Spit on line - seems that the FM has been changed too. The Spitty handles very nicely and seems to have had changes to its stall characteristics as well as the neg G.

AMD A8 5600K Quad Core 3.6 Ghz - Win 7 64 - 8Gb Ram - GTX660ti 2Gb VRAM - FreeTrack - X52 - Asus 23' Monitor.
Old 09-07-2011, 02:34 AM
Approved Member

There could be still placeholders for unfinish sound also in the beta.. Maybe laterr on they will add more sounds to fill the gaps like they stated.
Old 09-07-2011, 09:30 AM
Approved Member

good to know about the negative g characteristics of the biritsh fighters now! i was complaining in another thread about hunting spits doing insane negative g manouvers.but that was ai.im glad to know that this aspect was reworked!!thx see for the info.
Old 09-07-2011, 11:53 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by David198502 View Post
good to know about the negative g characteristics of the biritsh fighters now! i was complaining in another thread about hunting spits doing insane negative g manouvers.but that was ai.im glad to know that this aspect was reworked!!thx see for the info.
I don't know about the AI David but I find it easier to chase down with the new patch - you may end up posting again....

Old 09-07-2011, 07:30 PM
Approved Member

Yes - good to see they've made the neg G cut out more pronounced. Really liking a lot of things about this patch.
Old 09-09-2011, 09:37 PM
41Sqn_Stormcrow

I haven't tried the beta right now but I hope we get back some of the Merlin sensitivity so that Clod Merlin does not feel as arcadish as old IL2 cut out.

For those who cannot handle realistic cutout an option for simplified cutout could be implemented and everybody would be happy instead of dumping down the sim aspect of the game for all.
Old 09-10-2011, 12:02 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 41Sqn_Stormcrow View Post
I haven't tried the beta right now but I hope we get back some of the Merlin sensitivity so that Clod Merlin does not feel as arcadish as old IL2 cut out.

For those who cannot handle realistic cutout an option for simplified cutout could be implemented and everybody would be happy instead of dumping down the sim aspect of the game for all.
What do you believe to be realistic cutout ? By that I mean cockpit indications, sounds and at what G should the symptoms commence ?
Old 09-10-2011, 01:54 AM
Approved Member

I think it's just fine.

...and I am a flying for half the beast for half the Hurri