Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey

IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey Famous title comes to consoles.

Old 08-21-2011, 08:33 PM
Approved Member

Default Red Tails the movie

New movie in the works from Lucas Arts called Red Tails.
Lots of good actors and great CGI...
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0485985/
Old 08-21-2011, 08:59 PM
Approved Member

http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthr...t=24909&page=3

You'll find some discussion about this film in the above thread.

lol beat you to it Hicks

XBL GT: - Robotic Pope
HyperLobby CS: - Robot_Pope

Last edited by Robotic Pope; 08-21-2011 at 09:04 PM.
Old 08-21-2011, 09:01 PM
Approved Member

I put the trailer in premiere in this post
http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthr...t=24909&page=4

The second trailer, showed a few weeks ago

I wait this film with impatiente. The film is great, but i think the colours of the german fighters is wrong
Old 08-21-2011, 09:18 PM
Approved Member

a lot is wrong....the bomber group is an 8th AF and not a 15th like it is supposed to be. I fear its going to be a human interest action flick without much regard for history or facts. if you are going to go to all the trouble of CGI aircraft..why not get the group marking right?
Old 08-21-2011, 09:58 PM
Approved Member

Still bobby i know and refelect you're centiments ........... could be worth a watch though

Fed up with alot of movies being made not near enough WW2 aircraft flicks made..................
Old 08-22-2011, 06:52 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyvt4 View Post
Still bobby i know and refelect you're centiments ........... could be worth a watch though

yeah it could. and i will probably see it some way or another. maybe pay per view or net flicks

Fed up with alot of movies being made not near enough WW2 aircraft flicks made..................
we need a good TV series!!! when i was a kid there was a wealth of ww2 shows. some were hokie...some well worth watching. a remake of the 12 o"clock high series would be great and expanding it with episodes of the BoB...bomber command night missions...north africa..etc. it just pisses me off that directors have a chance to show a piece of history and actually capture the moment but are too caught up in "their" view of what will sell tickets at the box office to do any of these men the justice they truly deserve.
Old 08-22-2011, 02:19 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steiner View Post
New movie in the works from Lucas Arts called Red Tails.
Lots of good actors and great CGI...
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0485985/
millions thanks to share steiner!!
Old 08-24-2011, 07:57 AM
Approved Member

Say what you will about historical accuracy (honestly I'm usually one of the ones that complains about the details) and CGI, but I'm really excited about this movie.

Being a Lucas production, I expect it to be a little serialized (think about how Star Wars and Indiana Jones were influenced by 1940s serial films) and probably a little over the top. Shoot, the main title font is very 1940s serial, Sin City-esque.

I'm largely just hoping Georgie boy doesn't have too much control of the script, though I'm seeing he's one of three people listed as contributing to the story. More than one writer tends to mean weak story with too many directions. We should all thank our lucky stars the film isn't directed by the bearded wonder.

I should point out that I'm pumped about the other names connected in the story department -- John Ridley, whose general body of work isn't anything special though he was connected to the underrated Three Kings, and Aaron McGruder, creator of The Boondocks (the best show on Adult Swim). It's also worth noting the director, Anthony Hemingway, has some promise. He's worked on some big projects, namely Ali and HBO's The Wire and Treme. Given Hemingway's connections, there seems to be a lot of HBO names connected to this and I'm a firm believer in HBO productions (Band of Brothers, Deadwood, etc.) so I still have a lot of faith in this.

I just want it to do justice to the Tuskeegee Airmen and deliver some damn good aerial action. Given the writers and director (other than ol' George) I expect it to tell the story well. I also can't wait to get this thing on BluRay...

Last edited by CrashLanding; 08-24-2011 at 08:42 AM.
Old 08-31-2011, 11:04 AM
Approved Member

It may be inaccurate but I've been chomping at the bit for a decent WWII air combat movie since that bucket of steaming poo Pearl Harbour teased me with the early air combat over the channel. While that movie sucked massive ballz that 5 minutes of eagle squadron fighting in BOB was worth the admission price alone.

I hope the story is good and does these warriors justice but I'm expecting the air combat to be epic as well.

Either way with BOS and RT coming out in 2012 next year is going to be a good one providing the world doesn't end as predicted.