Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik > Daidalos Team discussions

Old 08-20-2011, 07:27 AM
Approved Member

Default TD, please consider a switchable option to increase ground object draw distance?

Since TD have been working on updates, many, many things have been considered and a lot of those have been updated and fixed.

Currently my biggest irritation is the draw distance of ground objects which 'pop-up' into view when they fall within the drawing range of the players aircraft/camera position.

Now I understand that some systems may not be able to cope with increased 'pop up' distance and that is a fair comment, however there are many systems that will be able to and I wonder if TD would please consider this?

What it would entail in maybe the Graphic Options would be a switch to "Increase Ground Draw Distance" or similar wording.

This way it makes it a user option, but maybe there could be a mouse-over warning which says something like "enabling this may cause problems on low-end systems" again 'or similar' wording.

I have to say I still have many hours of fun flying in 1946, but currently the only real distraction/irritation/long term annoyance is to see buildings and trees or any ground object that is invisible while flying along, suddenly pop into existance from nowhere.

That for me is the only real immersion killer left to sort/fix and I would rather see that ahead of any new aircraft please?

Of-ourse there will be new aircraft as listed in the updates for 4.11, but please could I ask TD to at-least look at giving users a switchable option to turn on an increased Ground Detail Draw Distance.

Thanks for reading, I hope you can consider this, cheers, MP
Old 08-20-2011, 08:55 AM
Approved Member

Heck that would be great. You could add no other content and it would be the single greatest patch TD has done.
This or bust.
Old 08-23-2011, 06:05 PM
Registered Member

It should be a conf.ini option.
Old 08-24-2011, 12:53 AM
Approved Member

it would have to go to 4.12, I'm sorry for that
Old 08-24-2011, 06:37 PM
Approved Member

If it made 4.12 that would be great
Old 08-26-2011, 08:19 AM
Approved Member

No problems at-all in it being in 4.12.....just the thought that it may be possible or an option in 4.12 would be a superb reply from TD crossing my fingers that they may respond....please?

Cheers, MP
Old 09-18-2011, 10:21 AM
Approved Member

I recall modellers saying that visibility of individual objects is built "into the mesh" so to speak. So each object would need to be tweaked to attain longer viewing distances. A huge task.