Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover > Pilot's Lounge

Pilot's Lounge Members meetup

Old 08-16-2011, 10:08 PM
Approved Member

Default Game of Thrones

I was recommended to watch this series by a friend and have just finished watching the first season. Fantastic stuff it really blew me away, I have already ordered the books highly recommend... but be aware lots of boobies and lots of violence so if you don't like that kind of thing dont blame me !!

Hopefully the books are good, I usually prefer books to films anyway but I doubt the will beat the awesome sci-fi space opera that is "Nights Dawn Trilogy".

Quote:
Originally Posted by SiThSpAwN View Post
Its a glass half full/half empty scenario, we all know the problems, we all know what needs to be fixed it just some people focus on the water they have and some focus on the water that isnt there....
Gigabyte X58A-UD5 | Intel i7 930 | Corsair H70 | ATI 5970 | 6GB Kingston DDR3 | Intel 160GB G2 | Win 7 Ultimate 64 Bit |
MONITOR: Acer S243HL.
CASE: Thermaltake LEVEL 10.
INPUTS: KG13 Warthog, Saitek Pedals, Track IR 4.
Old 08-16-2011, 10:12 PM
Approved Member

Ive read the first one Krupi and thought it was great!
Old 08-16-2011, 10:15 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by furbs View Post
Ive read the first one Krupi and thought it was great!
Sweet that's good to hear, it sounds like a more "adult" type of Lord of The Rings... would you say that sums it up?

Quote:
Its a glass half full/half empty scenario, we all know the problems, we all know what needs to be fixed it just some people focus on the water they have and some focus on the water that isnt there....
Gigabyte X58A-UD5 | Intel i7 930 | Corsair H70 | ATI 5970 | 6GB Kingston DDR3 | Intel 160GB G2 | Win 7 Ultimate 64 Bit |
Old 08-17-2011, 12:16 AM
Approved Member

I'm reading the first book at the moment, I ordered them after I watched the first episode of the series.

It's quiet a good read and the makers of the series have done a very good job at following the plot in the books (so far). You won't have too many surprises reading the book. I think that the series captured the characters in books very well. Hopefully I be able to read the second book before it is released as a series

Cheers!
Old 08-17-2011, 12:32 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JG52Krupi View Post
highly recommend... but be aware lots of boobies and lots of violence so if you don't like that kind of thing dont blame me !!
I just got back to reality after the Bloodstock Festival. Deary me, what a fine weekend.
Old 08-17-2011, 01:16 AM
Approved Member

I've been a fan of the series for quite a few years now. Definitely my favourite. The TV series was pretty damned good too, but I think they try a bit too hard in some places. Didn't have to show quite as many boobs and all that.

I'd say it's in the same scale as Tolkien (although not as deep - no entire languages and history of the world and all that), but much more nitty gritty and realistic. Almost like you could see it happen during Europe's feudal times. It does get more and more fantastic (as in, fantasy) as the books wear on - I wasn't too happy with that, but your mileage may vary.

I haven't picked up the last book which came out a month or so ago, but I fear that George R. R. Martin will be very hard pressed to finish the series. It might get the Wheel of Time symptom where the more you write, the less happens... but I hope not!

We'll see

Last edited by Anvilfolk; 08-17-2011 at 01:18 AM.
Old 08-17-2011, 11:56 PM
Approved Member

I just recently started watching this the problem is now I need to find all the past episodes to catch up. Awesome show ... tempted to order Blu Ray box set.
Old 08-18-2011, 10:30 AM
Approved Member

I've been reading the books for the last 5 years and got hooked ever since. The series is surprisingly good in following these books and captures a lot of the atmosphere quite right. Srsly looking forward to the next season.

However, to all those that found a liking in the series, read the books first! There is a huge amount of information and content that never found it's way into the TV series, but what ultimately makes the Saga what it is.
Old 08-18-2011, 10:43 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bewolf View Post
I've been reading the books for the last 5 years and got hooked ever since. The series is surprisingly good in following these books and captures a lot of the atmosphere quite right. Srsly looking forward to the next season.

However, to all those that found a liking in the series, read the books first! There is a huge amount of information and content that never found it's way into the TV series, but what ultimately makes the Saga what it is.
Yeah agreed films and tv shows cannot capture everything from a book and in most cases they don't even seem to try it's good to hear that this doesn't seem to be the case with this series though

Quote:
Old 08-19-2011, 03:23 PM
Approved Member

i just saw the first season
GREAT GREAT GREAT