Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover > Technical threads > Controls threads

Controls threads Everything about controls in CoD

Old 08-12-2011, 12:52 PM
Approved Member

Default Prop Pitch on twin engine aircraft

I can't seem to get the prop pitch to work on the 110s and 88s. I select one engine and try to adjust it then the other but nothing happens.
Old 08-12-2011, 02:59 PM
Approved Member

How are your controllers assigned? Did you assign an axis to just the generic "Propellor pitch" axis or a button to the "Increase / Decrease Propellor Pitch" key assignment? Or are you using the seperate Propellor Pitch #1 / #2 functions?
Old 08-12-2011, 06:58 PM
Approved Member

Pitch can be adjusted simultaneously for both engines by using the generic pitch commands, individually by selecting each engine before giving the same generic commands, or again individually by mapping separate pitch controls for each engine.

If you have anthropomorphic modelling enabled this might be different. It's a good idea for the future (simulates the limit of two hands on the controls at any time) but doesn't filter out controller spiking yet, so you might end up with the sim thinking you're using more controls than you really are.

Also, some of the controls are correctly using up just one virtual hand, while others need two. For example, setting throttles in twin-engine planes always counts for one hand, because they are side by side and easy to grab without letting go of the stick. However, setting the radiators requires doing it separately, even in aircraft which had the controls side by side and in easy reach of just one hand.

I think it would be a great feature after some aircraft-specific redesign of the limits (eg, if the rad controls are side by side on aircraft A it should be possible to use them with one hand, if they are separated on aircraft B it should not, etc) and filtering of controller spiking, but for now it's better to disable it.
Old 08-12-2011, 07:30 PM
Approved Member

hmm I'm not so enthusiastic about antrophomorphic controls. In fact, I'm completely opposing this - I'm all for full realism, but it's such a big variable from plane to plane, from pilot's abilities to another pilot's abilities that I'm 100% certain to leave that setting on "off" through CoD's entire lifespan.
Old 08-12-2011, 09:44 PM
Approved Member

Not sinking in I'll have to talk to someone I guess. The weird thing is the left nob in the 110 didn't do anything to the port engine when I cranked it manually. The right one worked.
Old 08-12-2011, 11:54 PM
Approved Member

With the ch throttle quadrent I havent noticed any issues and the immersion factor more then makes up for price (which dropped from $190 to $90 and is made in the usa!).