Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover > Pilot's Lounge

Pilot's Lounge Members meetup

Old 08-03-2011, 05:40 PM
Global Moderator

Arrow Rule suggestions please

Share your ideas for rules on this off topics forum. All suggestions will be given careful consideration.
Old 08-03-2011, 06:44 PM
Approved Member

How can you set rules to a “off topic” forum? I like or I like it not!
I was there when they closed the Pilots Lounge in UBI! I was there when Oleg left the Oleg’s Ready Room in anger!
They didn’t care for any rules, all that matter was the nationality and bias of the mods!
Why should it be any different today? There is no way you can keep an EU audience happy with some US mods and vice versa. Rules or no rules!
Veritas
Old 08-03-2011, 06:55 PM
Approved Member

Maybe a bit logical but for some it may still be nesessarry to remind them that in an off topic section, people have the right to talk about what they want (except for politics, religion,...maybe). And so let's make it a rule NOT to critisise people because they talk about something that doesn't interest you. I remember on another forum I once talked about something completely different than airplanes or the sim and some started commenting "what has that got to do with aircraft?". Well, if some can't cope with people talking about something else than the som or aircraft, let them just stay out of the off-topic section.

~S~
Old 08-03-2011, 07:05 PM
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viking View Post
How can you set rules to a “off topic” forum? I like or I like it not!
I was there when they closed the Pilots Lounge in UBI! I was there when Oleg left the Oleg’s Ready Room in anger!
They didn’t care for any rules, all that matter was the nationality and bias of the mods!
Why should it be any different today? There is no way you can keep an EU audience happy with some US mods and vice versa. Rules or no rules!
Veritas
You really don't get it do you.

This forums runs 24/7 how are you going to get someone in Sweden or Russia to be on the forums when there is a 10 - 12 hour time difference from USA?

Yes we can have a refined set of rules for an off topic forums. We already have some good ideas, but thought members might want to share.

That's the sum of it, so like it or no we have a Pilot's Lounge for off topic discussion.
Old 08-03-2011, 07:07 PM
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingShark View Post
Maybe a bit logical but for some it may still be nesessarry to remind them that in an off topic section, people have the right to talk about what they want (except for politics, religion,...maybe). And so let's make it a rule NOT to critisise people because they talk about something that doesn't interest you. I remember on another forum I once talked about something completely different than airplanes or the sim and some started commenting "what has that got to do with aircraft?". Well, if some can't cope with people talking about something else than the som or aircraft, let them just stay out of the off-topic section.

~S~
Religion and Politics discussions - not good and always lead to some very ugly discussion.
Old 08-03-2011, 07:54 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nearmiss View Post
Religion and Politics discussions - not good and always lead to some very ugly discussion.

So, its the off topic pilots lounge...Rules..only drugs, sex, and bad language, only because of the young folks here.

GigaByteBoard...64bit...FX 4300 3.8, G. Skill sniper 1866 32GB, EVGA GTX 660 ti 3gb, Raptor 64mb cache, Planar 120Hz 2ms, CH controls, Tir5
Old 08-03-2011, 07:58 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlipBall View Post
So, its the off topic pilots lounge...Rules..only drugs, sex, and bad language, only because of the young folks here.
Exactly.
Old 08-03-2011, 08:09 PM
Approved Member

OK no religion. Politics from around the world can be quite interesting though, as long as people are willing and open enough to other peoples point of view.
The ubi O/T forum was quite interesting when politics was allowed, although the Americans had to be reminded sometimes that theirs was not necessarily the most important.
Of course having American mods didn't help.
Now its banned,the place is dead.
Old 08-03-2011, 08:25 PM
Approved Member

+1 political debate, politics is interesting.

GigaByteBoard...64bit...FX 4300 3.8, G. Skill sniper 1866 32GB, EVGA GTX 660 ti 3gb, Raptor 64mb cache, Planar 120Hz 2ms, CH controls, Tir5
Old 08-03-2011, 08:50 PM
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlipBall View Post
+1 political debate, politics is interesting.
Politics can be horror.

The issue as I recall with politics was the people from different countries did not understand other countrys' politics. The level of tolerance became testy at best.

It would probably work, if people from different countries respected and didn't discuss politics with people from other countries.

We all know how media slants news reports from other countries. The PIIGS thing has been problem all over the web... Portugal, Italy,Ireland,Greece and Spain from the EU. People from other countries should probably stay out of those discussions (Canada, Iceland, Russia, Turkey,etc.)