Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover

IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Latest instalment in the acclaimed IL-2 Sturmovik series from award-winning developer Maddox Games.

Old 07-18-2011, 01:35 AM
Global Moderator

Thumbs up Check out what is working from those who have good working COD systems

There are some users of BOB COD that are having very good results, and there are the whiners that won't take the time to review the system stats of those who are getting good results.

Many of the videos I've seen indicate a very competent COD, and it is getting better with each patch.

If your system specs don't square up to the specs of people getting good performance you might want to make some inquiries.

I am very sure the people having good results will be glad to share how they achieved their competent installs of COD.

If your system specs don't meet up to what is working you should think about your hardware instead of whining about something that may never be workable.

Last edited by nearmiss; 07-18-2011 at 02:11 AM.
Old 07-18-2011, 02:02 AM
Approved Member

I've noticed as an observer, that lower systems seem to perform more reliably than newer systems. Just a pattern i've noticed. In particular, older processors - such as an AMD 965BE - seem to perform better than a 2500k for example.

I wonder...
Old 07-18-2011, 02:15 AM
Approved Member

start with:

Old 07-18-2011, 04:39 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by danjama View Post
I've noticed as an observer, that lower systems seem to perform more reliably than newer systems. Just a pattern i've noticed. In particular, older processors - such as an AMD 965BE - seem to perform better than a 2500k for example.

I wonder...
You have got that right (sys specs in sig). I get nothing like that video with everything on medium and all the work arounds in place. I don't even bother flashing it up for the (what was a weekly 10 minute session) to remind myself how clunky and annoying it is anymore.
Old 07-18-2011, 05:43 AM
Crane

From what Ive seen it doesn't matter what system you have, just about everybody suffers with sound loss whilst on Multi player, I also wasn't aware that my system specs may be preventing me playing co-op missions. Do the system specs have an input into how bad the AI is as well?
Old 07-18-2011, 05:53 AM
Approved Member

my system (look at the sig) is running il2cod flawlessly, without any microstutters, everything on maximum at 1650x1080x120)
Old 07-18-2011, 06:43 AM
Approved Member

Well, it's strange but although my performance has increased with an upgrade, I'm getting a few more microstutters as well. It's nothing to write home about but still something to note.

I've noticed that changing ProcessAffinityMask does absolutely nothing for performance one way or another. As far as I'm concerned, it's best to leave the config file alone as much as possible.

Also, keep various video drivers on hand. For me, the 11.6 catalysts were really bad with Clod, but the 11.5 drivers work fine. Others report otherwise, but no two systems or video settings are exactly the same.
Old 07-18-2011, 07:33 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by timholt View Post
You have got that right (sys specs in sig). I get nothing like that video with everything on medium and all the work arounds in place. I don't even bother flashing it up for the (what was a weekly 10 minute session) to remind myself how clunky and annoying it is anymore.
My game runs fine with everythng on max apart from tar amount of building I have in game and the trees on Low running at 1920x1200, my system isn't miles different to yours and I DID notice an o
Improvement jumping up from a HD5770 1gig to a HD6950 2gig.

I have small microstuters when server text comes through sometimes and obviously the loss of sound every 2-3 hours...sometimes more frequently than that
Old 07-18-2011, 07:43 AM
Approved Member

before talking about micro stutters, make sure you have set the amount of buildings to unlimited, that way, everything's cached from far away, not right when you are upon it.

and this is not only related with the buildings amount, but I guess with most of the visual settings.
Old 07-18-2011, 07:44 AM
Approved Member

Thumbs up

Well I started off with a core 2 duo e6600 2.4gig, 6gig ram, 9600gt 1gig g/c and was able to play with reasonable fps although with video settings turned down to med---low but with a couple on high. After a recent upgrade to a AMD M4N98TD-EVO (yes a sli board but not currently running sli and only 1 gts450 1gb card)AMD 965 Quad @3.4 gb and 4gb ram, and my frame rates have doubled and the game runs very smoothly now with most video settings on High some on med. Now looking forward to getting another gts450 1gb to go to full sli. I have seen a lot of posts about ROF being the best graphically, all I can say is you won't know how good COD is until you have a system upgrade. COD is far superior graphically to me in every way and much more enjoyable. Sure it is not perfect but each patch makes it better. I downloaded ROF new demo to try and I am sorry but it dosen't compare to COD with it's bland landscape. Stop moaning about how bad your system runs this sim and make your settings to get the best that you can and enjoy what is going to be another classic. It took ROF 12 months at least to get to where they are now, Cod is better than that after about 3 months.

Last edited by RickRuski; 07-18-2011 at 09:07 PM.