Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover

IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Latest instalment in the acclaimed IL-2 Sturmovik series from award-winning developer Maddox Games.

Old 07-16-2011, 07:41 AM
BigPickle

Default 19th I think Its Gonna

..Happen. I think its gonna get released, as unlikely as it sounds.

I mean because what have 1C/UBI actually got to loose. They will get sales even off people they know understand its problems. Its already being reduced in price after a few months, the buzz is dying about CoD, So i think they are gonna go for it.

Logic says its death for the game to release now? wrong think from a business view because there will still be an influx of money off people who do buy it, then another influx later on as people say its patched and runs fine now.

Also lets look logically at every other time this game has had its delays or set backs. I has always been put back more than 3 days before the release, I guess it takes 7 to send word to all the distributers and for them to update their sites.

So to sum up, another delay means that the interest about Cliffs of Dover fades and peoples attentions turn else were, its very hard to get peoples interest back under those circumstances i feel, so i believe it would do more harm to delay again and stop a finacial injection that UBI and 1C probably both want/need. So guys in the US i believe your game is coming.
I hope im right as it probably spells better for the game in the long run than another delay.

Last edited by BigPickle; 07-16-2011 at 07:47 AM.
Old 07-16-2011, 08:07 AM
Approved Member

There's been a buzz about CloD? I read many major and smaller gaming sites everyday and I haven't seen a single article on CloD. Buzz, LOL! This is a flight sim, flightsims -unfortunately- doesn't get any hype these days. I'd say they can release it on monday if they want to but they could release it Christmas also if they wanted to. Why? most gamers knows nothing about this game. Releasing it now in the summer would be a wise move though. Right now is the regular PC/video game summer drought that occurs every summer and there is nothing out there for gamers to buy, this is a good opportunity for CloD.

When fall/winter comes and the next iteration of Call of Duty, Gears of Wars 3, Rage and Uncharted 3 are released it will be very hard to compete for the gamers 50-60 bucks. Releasing the game this autumn/winter season would be financial suicide. Of course the hardest of the hardcore will buy the game but that percentage is way too small to sustain further development of CloD nor expansions.
Old 07-16-2011, 08:17 AM
Approved Member

Not sure how they will survive with only the modest earnings that CoD will bring in. Lucky that the Moscow project is getting made externally. It will be a long time between drinks for Maddox Games. Nice if they could rustle up some DLC to keep things ticking over in the meantime.
Old 07-16-2011, 08:53 AM
Approved Member

Yeah, I think it is going ahead. I hope they have the decency to post a new roadmap for anyone who buys in ignorance.
Old 07-16-2011, 09:12 AM
Approved Member

Yea i think it will go ahead, with a Patch on the same day
Old 07-16-2011, 10:25 AM
Ali Fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feathered_IV View Post
Not sure how they will survive with only the modest earnings that CoD will bring in. Lucky that the Moscow project is getting made externally. It will be a long time between drinks for Maddox Games. Nice if they could rustle up some DLC to keep things ticking over in the meantime.
feathered tell me more please. this is making a heck of alot of sense to me. i actually said this to bigpickle yesterday. a more independantly made title that may supersede all that is presently.

i see plans within plans and success by the end.
Old 07-16-2011, 04:44 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feathered_IV View Post
Are you saying battle for Moscow is NOT being made by MG? source please.

S!
EVGA 660SC (super clocked) 2GB Vram
CORSAIR CMPSU-750TX 750W
64 GB SSD SATA II HD
WIN7 UL 64BIT
Old 07-16-2011, 04:49 PM
Approved Member

let them take as long as they NEED to fix the game...dropng it on the market right now would be a mistake..

sound bug
no single player depth
micro stutters
MP AI planes disappearing
SLI/XFIRE problems...etc

i can already see the pitch forks and torches...lets not rush it out the door again!

S!
EVGA 660SC (super clocked) 2GB Vram
CORSAIR CMPSU-750TX 750W
64 GB SSD SATA II HD
WIN7 UL 64BIT
Old 07-17-2011, 12:11 AM
Approved Member

I'm pretty sure it'll launch on the 19th. If not, they are leaving the announcement of a postponement extremely late.

I don't know how many boxed copies are being distributed, but no doubt they have already shipped them to retailers by now.
Old 07-17-2011, 12:13 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thee_oddball View Post
dropng it on the market right now would be a mistake..
Happened once already, didn't it?