Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover > Gameplay questions threads

Gameplay questions threads Everything about playing CoD (missions, tactics, how to... and etc.)

Old 06-25-2011, 03:21 PM
Approved Member

Default Request for details on the diff armament options

The loadout option is a mystery for me but guess my killrate could benefit from me choosing the correct ammunition for missions.

But what is what and is a mix best and or what how why?

Anyone that can direct me to or can give details on the different ammunition types and what they're good for?

Thank you!
Old 06-25-2011, 05:17 PM
Approved Member

First, navigate to: steam\steamapps\common\IL-2 Sturmovik Cliffs of Dover\manual

Open the .PDF file containing the manual in your language of choice (there are 6 .PDF manuals, each in a different language) and look for the following sections. The page numbers are for the English manual, not sure if they are the same for the others.
  • Loadout - weapon sets (page 54): explains how the weapon trays are loaded/removed in the simulator (you can fly an unarmed aircraft if you like, or remove some guns to save weight, etc).
  • Loadout - guns (page 56): Explains how to load customized ammunition belts
  • Common ammunition types (page 58 ): Explains the different ammunition types.
Old 06-25-2011, 05:59 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackdog_kt View Post
First, navigate to: steam\steamapps\common\IL-2 Sturmovik Cliffs of Dover\manual

Open the .PDF file containing the manual in your language of choice (there are 6 .PDF manuals, each in a different language) and look for the following sections. The page numbers are for the English manual, not sure if they are the same for the others.
  • Loadout - weapon sets (page 54): explains how the weapon trays are loaded/removed in the simulator (you can fly an unarmed aircraft if you like, or remove some guns to save weight, etc).
  • Loadout - guns (page 56): Explains how to load customized ammunition belts
  • Common ammunition types (page 58 ): Explains the different ammunition types.
I'll be damned. Sorry, by default I thought the manual didn't mention anything about that.
Thank you!
Old 06-25-2011, 08:24 PM
Approved Member

No worries, i'm just promoting a "read the manual" mentality lately.

It's inadequate in terms of telling us how to properly fly each aircraft but it does cover every bit of the interface and available options quite well.