Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover > FMB, Mission & Campaign builder Discussions

Old 05-21-2011, 05:28 PM
Approved Member

Default Online Dynamic Campaign with Script

Campaign contains 14 static missions chained from red airfield to blue. 6 of them are ground based, 8 of them are naval. campaigh starts by spawning tankers moving towards enemy airfield, if they encounter each other they spawn AA guns over them and start to fight until one side is killed and the next mission towards the defeated side is loaded, if one of the ships is destroyed before encountering enemy the other ship continues to progress. When the ships reach the coast, they disembark and continue as AA trucks, when the trucks reach enemy airfield, spawn points change and players can spawn enemy's aircrafts from captured airfield. if the aa trucks are destroyed, spawn points restore and campaign reverts 3 missions.

Scripts contain a code for destroying aircrafts on player leave, crashland or land with a timeout, also the code does not trigger if the player is still inside or another player entered this aircraft in the meantime. Also airborne left aircrafts are not destroyed but damaged. Player checks contain the server too so you can use it with steam lobby.

I have created new airfields for spawning parked in front of the runway, only two aircrafts spawn in front of the runway, if these points are full the other aircrafts spawn in a tight circle next to them.

FMB has a limit for min airfield radius which also defines the spawning locations for extra aircrafts when all points are full, i overrided it in notepad, if you edit the airfields in main mission dont forget to change these.

There's also a single player version of main mission for testing at 16x, ground war is totally random but you can interact with it with unlimited ammo to preview all the missions quickly.

Server briefing page does not refresh the spawn points after you select army, so if a base capture occurs change your army twice to see the updated spawn points on map to use enemy's airfield.

I've made this campaign to share my approach for dynamic mission loading, feel free to copy/manipulate it, with the same logic and a more tidy-flexible code, multiple dynamic frontlines can be created.

Extract the archive to "missions/Multi/Dogfight/" and launch main mission from dgw_iod_v1_X folder.
latest version: dgw_iod_v1_1(3aa_on_ships)
Attached Files
File Type: zip dgw_iod_v1_0.zip (144.6 KB, 109 views)
File Type: zip dgw_iod_v1_1(3aa_on_ships).zip (166.0 KB, 35 views)

Last edited by stillborn; 07-08-2011 at 03:55 AM.
Old 05-22-2011, 11:56 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by stillborn View Post
I have created new airfields for spawning parked in front of the runway, only two aircrafts spawn in front of the runway, if these points are full the other aircrafts spawn in a tight circle next to them.
How do you link one airfield point to 3-4 others at the same time? When I set airfield points (AFP) they appear one by one in a row only. Do you experience a bug trying to set more than 5-6 AFPs at an AF?

Many great ideas in your mission.
Old 05-23-2011, 12:00 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ataros View Post
How do you link one airfield point to 3-4 others at the same time? When I set airfield points (AFP) they appear one by one in a row only. Do you experience a bug trying to set more than 5-6 AFPs at an AF?

Many great ideas in your mission.
there is a "add branch" command in the control options - builder category, FMB automatically threats end points as spawn points, the only strange thing i noticed about it is if i dont put at least two points inside the runway, ai aircrafts teleport to the parking points after landing, thanks btw.
Old 05-23-2011, 04:12 AM
Approved Member

Thanks a lot. I'd never guess what this command mean ))

btw. There is a Break command there. What does it break?
Show Insert command - what can it be?
Change and Change+ commands - ?

Last edited by Ataros; 05-23-2011 at 04:16 AM.
Old 05-23-2011, 05:52 AM
Approved Member

Can you add a screenshot of the feature, please?
I have a german Version and do not find this interesting option.
Old 05-23-2011, 06:08 AM
Approved Member

The Branch is not in FMB it is in Control Settings. First line.

https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/_S...-23_100638.jpg

Last edited by Ataros; 05-23-2011 at 06:41 AM.
Old 05-23-2011, 06:34 AM
Approved Member

Oh OK, thanks.
Old 05-26-2011, 07:23 AM
Approved Member

Just put the mission up on Repka #3.

Is it designed to run in cycle forever or we should reload it in some time?

I will add more feedback in this post later:

- Errors on misload:
[11:10:55] System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: index and length should point to a position in a line
[11:10:55] Parameter name: length

- looks like guns do not spawn on ships. the ships just stand one in front of another and do not fight.

- 110-C7 can carry bombs which gives blue side an advantage.

- (will add later if I have more info)

I hope to get some feedback from players in this thread http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showpos...1&postcount=44

I have found a useful link on how to put guns on tankers here http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthr...t=22740&page=3

Last edited by Ataros; 05-26-2011 at 07:55 AM.
Old 06-25-2011, 05:32 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ataros View Post
Just put the mission up on Repka #3.

Is it designed to run in cycle forever or we should reload it in some time?

- Errors on misload:
[11:10:55] System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: index and length should point to a position in a line
[11:10:55] Parameter name: length

- looks like guns do not spawn on ships. the ships just stand one in front of another and do not fight.
yes it is designed to run in cycle forever which will fail after approximately 2 trillion sub mission loads; also any manual mission load after battle init will result in script error.

i'll look into these errors, i havent tested it with the last version yet. loading a mission manually causes the campaign to stop progressing just like u described, it may be my mistake too, or a possible situation i havent noticed, for example spawning an object fails when there's a wreck on the spawn location, nd ships spawn many random objects when damaged, destroyed or broken into two, if i dont manually destroy those, they will simply hit those wrecks n stop or wont spawn at all, leading to a script error or preventing the campaign to progress, these may have been changed since last patch btw. Script behavior has also changed with the last patches, some of the things we try to do are already being done transparently right now, like removing the landed planes, also the last changelog says that it wont be possible to damage planes with incorrect damagenames, which is present in my code too, idk if this gives an error or continues to work silently without doing nothing. honestly all the reference i have when writing scripts is the names of the methods present in the game's dlls and the campaign's code as an example, i'm not sure if i'm using the right methods or coding with the right approach, somethings i try to do may be intended for a specific purpose or restricted or may lead to error when combined with another. it'll be much more clear and painless when we have a guide or documentation about scripting.

i also plan to change tanker+aa gun configuration with new battle ships that came with the last patch so they can defend themselves while moving and write a statistic collection method, possibly outputting to a text file for simplicity if possible, so we can save or upload those(the count of the aircrafts each side lost, current situation of the front line, etc) with a seperate program or even inside the script. This way in case of any script error or server restart, stats wont be lost and campaign can continue from where it was and users can view an online briefing web page prepared for the current situation of the frontline, check the stats nd so on, even we can downgrade the available aircraft models according to losses or maybe define a victory condition.
Old 06-29-2011, 09:52 AM
Approved Member

Thanks a lot! I am sure all Repka #2 and #3 pilots are looking forward to the new version.