Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover > Technical threads > Performance threads

Performance threads All discussions about CoD performnce

Old 05-19-2011, 06:38 AM
Approved Member

Default 6970 ATI users thread

If this patch has made a diffrence, plz post your settings, for all of us.
so we can compare, and maby help each other, with this game.

Any performance increase with the new patch?
I for one, Am now getting micro stutters low to ground over land
Horrible blue lines are still there in dx10 mode, but then i didnt exspect it to be fixed, anyway

Will also add some links of 6970 problems
Blue lines
http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthr...highlight=6970

Same old problems

Flickering shadows

More Problems

Some other usefull Topics
If you are thinking of getting a 6970

Last edited by Doc_uk; 05-19-2011 at 06:48 AM.
Old 05-19-2011, 09:23 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc_uk View Post
Horrible blue lines are still there in dx10 mode, but then i didnt exspect it to be fixed, anyway

Aarghh! I was hoping ... I will edit this as soon as I can test, I got the update this morning, but had to go to work

[Edit: Yup, blue lines are still there, and I have reported them at Guru3D and filled out a report at AMD. Generally performance seems smoother but slower - loss of about 15% in frame rate generally. I posted my findings in the thread dealing with the latest patch]

Gigabyte 990FXA-UD5 | AMD FX-8350 | MSI HD7970 TFOC-BE | 8GB Corsair DDR-III 1866 | Win8.1 Pro 64-bit

Last edited by TonyD; 05-19-2011 at 09:26 PM. Reason: Addition
Old 05-19-2011, 02:06 PM
Approved Member

S!

Stripes there still. Shadows flicker mostly outside the LOD range around the plane. SSAO seems to have slighter hit on FPS now than before, can be placebo effect too. Hopefully Luthier and AMD get the issues sorted, I do not want to be in bed with nVidia for just ONE game not working proper..
Old 05-20-2011, 07:53 AM
Approved Member

I have the same problems, but wondering about this one - does any of you guys have blue-green texture stripe on land surface when looking from higher altitude? It's actually like a square around the piece of terrain rendered in higher detail, on the border of that square and the surrounding terrain there's an overlap where you see water surface shining through. I'll post some screenshots when I get home.

Also, the less detailed part of the terrain is actually awful, all rivers are equally (extremely) wide, so England looks like Finland or Norway with fjords. The terrain colors should also be played with, but that's for longer discussion I think (should be darker, and the blueish tint effect should be more aggressive as you climb).
Old 05-20-2011, 12:58 PM
Approved Member

Blue lines are a driver problem.. fill out the ATI reports. Thats why the 6XXX series is the only ATI card effected.. On that same note, the lines are visible on the horizon only from a small segment of altitude around 1Km.. and you consider it a game breaker??? Really?

Stutters are a serious issue on the other hand. With the Beta I had them Online only. With this new patch I don't seem to have them but in the limited online experience I had last night I had some different experiences. on The REPKA server I flew an hour and it was perfect.. loved it.. 12 hours later I logged into REPKA and spawned a Spitfie MkI and the field was under attack, lots of flak etc. FPS was a slideshow up to 60... single digits then up to 60. So I exited my plane and spawned a new one..and it was dramatically better.. by the time I got the engine started it was a steady 60 fps and flew fine..
XFX 6970 Video Card
Win7 64 Bit Home Ed
ATI 12.3 Driver Package
WD Caviar 7600 RPM HDD
ATI CCC at DEFAULT settings
Old 05-23-2011, 02:06 PM
Approved Member

This problem is still there