Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik > Daidalos Team discussions

Old 08-12-2017, 09:41 AM
Approved Member

Default Bf 110 Bk 3,7

Hello,

i don`t know if reported already, but Bk 3,7 is not calibrated for Bf 110 G2 sight.
Thanks.
Old 08-12-2017, 04:54 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volksfürsorge View Post
Hello,

i don`t know if reported already, but Bk 3,7 is not calibrated for Bf 110 G2 sight.
Thanks.
I did not use that cannon for ages, but this "bug" was for long time in many, if not in all, versions?
Old 08-12-2017, 05:25 PM
Approved Member

Could be.
Anyway, it should be fixed, shouldn´t it? Thanks again.
Old 11-03-2017, 06:13 PM
Approved Member

I have never had a problem with the 110 sight no matter what the armament. On one popular hard-settings server I used to fly the bk37 110 around and sink dozens of their ships with it, or I did until they deleted it from the plane set along with any other aircraft I did well in.
Old 11-03-2017, 07:36 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jumoschwanz View Post
I have never had a problem with the 110 sight no matter what the armament. On one popular hard-settings server I used to fly the bk37 110 around and sink dozens of their ships with it, or I did until they deleted it from the plane set along with any other aircraft I did well in.
Was it 4.13.4?
Good to know that this cannon is useable.
Old 11-03-2017, 07:38 PM
Approved Member

From what I remember reading on an old ubi thread, the bk3.7 was used by bf-110s to destroy vehicles but only on the eastern front, hence why it's aiming a bit downward to prevent the pilot from mowing the lawn. They were also mainly used as an AA weapon against bomber formations on the western front IIRC. I also remember Oleg being quite adamant about keeping the bk3.7 that way because the game only focused on the eastern front at that time.

However it would be welcomed addition to have the straight firing version as a new loadout option after all that time.
Old 11-03-2017, 09:06 PM
Approved Member

iirc

The sight was levelled up, the Tungsten rounds removed and replaced with HE rounds ages ago.

Last edited by KG26_Alpha; 11-05-2017 at 11:07 PM.
Old 11-05-2017, 08:27 PM
Approved Member

Just tried Bk 3.7 in my firing practices...
Definitely not my weapon of choice against bombers. I'll stick with Mk-108 where possible.
As for the ships - I assume they should be in the smallest categories as torpedo boats. Standard freighter is immune to 37 mm shells - unless I do something wrong.
Old 11-14-2017, 03:47 AM
Approved Member

In real life a cannon could light fires and do plenty of damage to the superstructure. There is one account I ready of P-39s strafing a freighter which then ran itself aground in response to the resulting fires. However the damage model in Il-2 isn't quite so complex.

I remember there was a bit of an issue where the barges (like many buildings, and the trains) lacked durability - meanwhile the ships were largely invulnerable (despite the fact that some had AA guns that could be destroyed).

I liked ZloyPetruskO's mod - he had it so that the player could suppress anti-aircraft guns for a short period of time by shooting in their area. It worked for land based AAA as well.
Old 11-14-2017, 08:02 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avimimus View Post
In real life a cannon could light fires and do plenty of damage to the superstructure. There is one account I ready of P-39s strafing a freighter which then ran itself aground in response to the resulting fires. However the damage model in Il-2 isn't quite so complex.

I remember there was a bit of an issue where the barges (like many buildings, and the trains) lacked durability - meanwhile the ships were largely invulnerable (despite the fact that some had AA guns that could be destroyed).

I liked ZloyPetruskO's mod - he had it so that the player could suppress anti-aircraft guns for a short period of time by shooting in their area. It worked for land based AAA as well.
Probably I read the same story about that German freighter attacked by group of P-39s in Baltic Sea. The hull of the vessel was damaged - not critical yet the captain ran her aground for safety.
There should be fire and light damage caused by 37 mm shells definitely. As for the sinking, it would depend on vessel size and number of hits. I don't think that one aircraft with 37 mm cannon could sink the vessel with GRT of 1000 t or larger until there is explosion or serious fire (combustible cargo, for example).
Suppressing AAA - was not this effect introduced to stock game in one the last versions? Or I'm mixing it with mods...