Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover > Technical threads > Performance threads

Performance threads All discussions about CoD performnce

Old 05-12-2011, 10:32 PM
Approved Member

Default New rig - all is silk smooth...

Well, after all the patches CoD ran rather fine on my old E8400 rig, but today I finally got my new rig setup (look at sig) and CoD runs completely silk smoth on high settings... The lowest I can get is ~30 in cockpit at 30 feet over central London, but just a few hundred feet up I get ~70 fps over the city. On Black Death with high settings I get an average of 70 fps.

So - on a modern high end rig this game has no performance issues any more. Nice!
Old 05-12-2011, 10:34 PM
Approved Member

Nice System! Congrats!

Patrick
Old 05-12-2011, 10:49 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mazex View Post

So - on a modern high end rig this game has no performance issues any more. Nice!
Nice system mate... kinda sux though that you need all that to run it okay?

I upgraded my Rig too lately, if i compare it to the recommended spec on the DVD case though
Old 05-12-2011, 11:12 PM
Langnasen

Quote:
Well, after all the patches CoD ran rather fine on my old E8400 rig, but today I finally got my new rig setup (look at sig) and CoD runs completely silk smoth on high settings... The lowest I can get is ~30 in cockpit at 30 feet over central London, but just a few hundred feet up I get ~70 fps over the city. On Black Death with high settings I get an average of 70 fps.

That's funny, I've got effectively the exact same spec as you and my game doesn't run silk-smooth at all. Runs pretty good, until the screen locks up, but by no means silk-smooth. That's on a new install of the game onto a fresh install of the OS.
Old 05-12-2011, 11:20 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Langnasen View Post
That's funny, I've got effectively the exact same spec as you and my game doesn't run silk-smooth at all. Runs pretty good, until the screen locks up, but by no means silk-smooth. That's on a new install of the game onto a fresh install of the OS.
Really?

That sux..thats a more than decent rig you got there :\
Old 05-12-2011, 11:24 PM
Approved Member

happy for you but that's not a high end PC, that's more of a computer from outer space. further optimization still required for most of us users...

1TB SATA 3 64MB
Asus P5K-E Wi-Fi
SyncMaster 24'' P2450 Monitor
Win 7 x64
Thrustmaster T.Flight Stick X
Old 05-12-2011, 11:30 PM
Approved Member

I've got a pretty good system too and it runs the game like butter when I'm flying solo. But five minutes into a mission and i get lock and a failed launcher message. That is 100% porked code and not my rig.
Old 05-12-2011, 11:43 PM
Approved Member

I heard that programmers nowadays has new expression for bad coding.

It's "CoD-ha-ha"

So, if anything not working as it should be they just call it CoD, and try to blame it on customer's bad and old computer.

Sneaky sort, those programmers . . .
Old 05-13-2011, 12:56 AM
Approved Member

There's no denying the sims needs optimizing, but i run it just fine on a two year old PC:

Asus P6T deluxe motherboard
i7 920 @ 2.7Ghz
Ati 4890 1GB
normal hard drives (no SSD)
3GB or RAM (yes, only three)
win7 x64 Pro

My only problems in regards to usability is that some times loadouts go missing or the menus go funky but work fine the next time i fire it up. As for performance, the problem is not lack of it but that it's sometimes inconsistent.

All in all, i get nothing game-breaking after the latest beta patch, running 30-60 FPS with occasional dips to 25 and only split-second pauses the first time a certain texture loads (no more of the initial continuous stuttering) depending on amount of aircraft, clouds and the terrain i'm flying over.

So how do it do it? Well, i just don't expect to run everything on high with anything less than top of the line hardware, that's how
I run it at 1680x1050 with most settings on medium, model details and land shading on high, vsync on, shadows and roads on, SSAO off, AA off (since people say it doesn't work much anyway).

Sure, there's still room for improvement, lot's of it. At the same time though, a lot of complaints come from people who expect to run it maxed out on 1920x1080 or higher with hardware older than mine, that's not realistic and will probably never happen.
At the same time, too many people are obsessed with running it at the maximum possible settings, completely disregarding the fact that CoD on medium is slightly better than IL2 on max, they just see an option and want to max it out no matter what.
I've seen people with dual cores getting higher FPS than me, but most of it is probably due to my low RAM and them usually having nVidia GPUs of the same generation as my Ati 4890 or newer, more powerful GPUs of either brand.

Last edited by Blackdog_kt; 05-13-2011 at 12:58 AM.
Old 05-13-2011, 01:10 AM
Approved Member

Quote:

SWEEEEEEZTTT!!! Enjoy it in good health! :beer: