Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover

IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Latest instalment in the acclaimed IL-2 Sturmovik series from award-winning developer Maddox Games.

Old 05-12-2011, 08:00 PM
Approved Member

Default Your favourite aircraft in Cliffs of Dover?

Just curious to know who likes what aircraft.

I've always been a 109 guy...since a child I've loved that plane, but I tell you what, that Spitfire is one sweet bird. (All versions) I get a real buzz out of flying it, maybe more than the 109 actually.
I didn't really like the Spits in the older series, but now I really have a new-found respect for the plane.
Maybe the cem has a lot to do with it...I can get a better feel for the aircraft as opposed to the older game.

The 110 is also impressing me, I love the way those big 'ol engines seem to spool up (I can't think of a better term) when you increase the revs. Lovely bird, and quite capable as well...

Last but not least, I have a soft spot for the Br.20. It's slow, takes an age to warm up those engines and it just seems underpowered, but I love it's quirkiness. Everyone has a 'crap' plane that they like, and this is mine.

PS-please no complaints about the cem or fm...we know the score by now. Just let's take each plane as is for now.
Old 05-12-2011, 08:08 PM
Approved Member

Bf 109
Old 05-12-2011, 08:08 PM
Approved Member

Stuka's growing on me, too bad it's got the "after take-off shakes" bug. It really is a precision tool, hit a ship on my second attempt. Great explosion/disintegration effects.
Old 05-12-2011, 08:15 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by addman View Post
Stuka's growing on me,
Really? I've always hated that damned thing. Mainly because I can't dive-bomb if my life depended on it.
Old 05-12-2011, 08:15 PM
Approved Member

For looks and outmanouvering, I'd say the spitfire.

For firepower and accuracy, I'd say the 109.

But my favouritest plane as of now is actually the hurricane because I've been flying it in the early campaign missions Great and stable bird, more concentrated gunfire, not spread out the guns like on the spit all over the wing.
Old 05-12-2011, 08:30 PM
Approved Member

i have yet to play this game. i'm waiting for the american release and hope by then more bugs will be fixed.
Old 05-12-2011, 08:37 PM
Approved Member

Well I like the Bf 109 the most, mainly because it was the only bird I could fly in CEM-Mode since I bought this sim - without the motor giving up after half an hour of flying like in most other planes I tried (no bug, only mismanagement on my side ).

Other than that I really enjoy the He 111 and the Tiger Moth. Not fighting, but admiring the beautiful landscape and simply exploring
Old 05-12-2011, 08:43 PM
Approved Member

109 all the way I'd say. I'm planning to get a hold of RAF figthers one day, but I've been waffe and usaf man since FB.

Once I get comfortable with 109 it's +1 on the model number, 110 here I come.
Old 05-12-2011, 08:44 PM
Approved Member

I am a 109 fanboy, too. But I must say that I'm starting to like the hurricane. A really nice tool to spread some catridges and paste someone.
Old 05-12-2011, 08:50 PM
Approved Member

Yeah,mine's the trusty old Hurricane,I just love the rugged old bugger.

Alienware Aurora|Win 7 64-bit Home Premium|IC i7-920 Processor (Quad-Core)|14GB DDR3 RAM|1 TB SATA 7200rpm Hard Drive|GIGABYTE GeForce GTX 770 2GB WINDFORCE 3 X fan|Thrustmaster Warthog|Saitek Pro Combat rudder pedals,throttle quadrant and Cessna trim wheel|TrackIR4|Sense of humour,I find it comes in handy!