Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover > Mods, discussions, links, etc.

Old 05-12-2011, 06:30 PM
Ali Fish

Default [REL] Ground texture mod

Looks like i have mod #1 in progress

working on enhancing the colours on the default map.

This image is 2 images, on the left default on the right new textur colouring by me. same time of day same mission. looks better ?

Last edited by Ali Fish; 07-13-2011 at 06:26 PM.
Old 05-12-2011, 06:51 PM
Approved Member

Maybe a tad bit too dark, but a great start!
Is it possible for the trees/foliage to be a darker, murkier green?
Also, can fields have darker borders to show where hedgerows would be?

but very nice work. It's hard to gauge a full opinion without seeing it from a higher altitude.
Old 05-12-2011, 06:51 PM
Approved Member

to be honest,the first second i looked at the right picture, i thought that it looked better.but the more i look at it, the more i feel it looks a bit too brown.so maybe something between those two pictures would be perfect.but thats of course only my opinion.
i know many people think that the colours are correct the way they are.i think that at low sun,the colours are great, but at midday they are a bit too green.

how did you do it?
Old 05-12-2011, 06:57 PM
Ali Fish

yep agreed. BUT but but... this is the autumn pack you see \o/ only joking but thats my idea.

ill try just dropping the saturation next time and increase contrast a touch. suprisingly easy to do, once i get the correct colour change formula i want ill apply it to everything terrain based and it will bring a non intrusive mod to use at your descretion. so later on tonight i hope to have some nice comparisons. 8 main field textures between here and france, golf courses and all the independant airfield textures.

Quote:
Originally Posted by philip.ed View Post
Maybe a tad bit too dark, but a great start!
Is it possible for the trees/foliage to be a darker, murkier green?
Also, can fields have darker borders to show where hedgerows would be?

but very nice work. It's hard to gauge a full opinion without seeing it from a higher altitude.
im trying to not get into the realms of artwork just yet. although i have played with a snow style layering effect generated from the original textures. but regards foliage yes it can all be changed, and its all contained in 1 file. not to mention the cartoony style grass can be re designed easily too. so....

i will change everything via te choosen colour formula you guys give me feedback on.

Last edited by Ali Fish; 05-12-2011 at 07:04 PM.
Old 05-12-2011, 09:04 PM
Approved Member

How about a look through this (subjective, but maybe useful?)

http://www.webbaviation.co.uk/gallery/v/kent/
Old 05-12-2011, 09:30 PM
Approved Member

the first picture looks like midday, the last picture looks like dusk. I don't think the green is off. Just came from england yesterday, england is really lush and green this spring
Old 05-12-2011, 10:02 PM
Approved Member

looks much better and real to me, great work.
Old 05-12-2011, 10:18 PM
Ali Fish

ok ive modded every assett now. sadly theres a mip mapping bug with the trees file which i had darkened. It produces an error on the console readback too. i have created a photoshop action file for modding the files in bulk ( an autumn and winter mod could be generated in minuites mwahahahha.)

here is where iam at. its subtle now. top pic is original lower the update. trying to create the same images is nigh on impossible lol. feedback ?

TIME= 09:00 settings:

low shots which just seem crap in general.

BTW i could so easily make this game look like WoP ? but i dont think so.

Last edited by Ali Fish; 05-12-2011 at 11:12 PM.
Old 05-12-2011, 10:33 PM
Approved Member

Looks great!
Old 05-12-2011, 10:35 PM
Approved Member

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ali Fish View Post
ok ive modded every assett now. sadly theres a mip mapping bug with the trees file which i had darkened. i have created a photoshop action file for modding the files in bulk ( an autumn and winter mod could be generated in minuites mwahahahha.)

here is where iam at. its subtle now. top pic is original lower the update. trying to create the same images is night on impossible lol. feedback ?

low shots which just seem crap in general.

BTW i could so easily make this game look like WoP ? but i dont think so.
Excellent! You got the right color here IMO... when are you releasing this "patch"?