Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik

IL-2 Sturmovik The famous combat flight simulator.

Old 11-12-2007, 09:22 AM
Approved Member

Default Things from IL2 we'd like to see again in BoB?

I've seen plenty of lists with things we want to have changed (see all the posts with "porked!" in it ) and stuff we'd like to see added in Bob. But what features in the current sim do you want to keep as it is now? In other words: What (small) features in IL2 as it is now are really brilliant?

Here's a couple I really like and would like to see again in BoB:

-When you strafe a column it stops and you actually see lots of soldiers running for their life!
-The way other (AI) aircraft "weave" around when flying in formation
-When you attack an IL2 you can actually see your bullets ricochet of the armor!
-Skip bombing, it actually works!
Old 11-12-2007, 04:07 PM
Approved Member

Skip bombing doesn't work? I watched Dart's Tutorial and tried it and it worked for me. That was with IL2FB+AEP+PF. Have not tried it yet with 1946.
Old 11-12-2007, 09:07 PM
Approved Member

Ahem
Quote:
What did you read to respond with:
Quote:
Skip bombing doesn't work?

Anyway I like graphics scalability options, they are awsome and I remember they helped me achieve a great looking graphics and smooth performance with my PC which really wasn't up to specs back then.
I remember I smoothly ran il2FB 1.22 on excellent with some minor adjustments while for example LockOn didn't want to run at low-medium
Old 11-12-2007, 10:22 PM
Approved Member

I guess I read it wrong.
Old 11-13-2007, 12:25 AM
Approved Member

AAA that shoots you in your parachute . Though maybe that wouldn't be appropriate for the BoB. It might need to be introduced in other campaigns!
Old 11-13-2007, 06:15 PM
Approved Member

ALL of the jets and experimentals ('46 specific content)

Those planes are too cool and interesting to lose.

Also, Carrier ops.

I know that's not "Battle Of Brittain", but when people say BoB, they mean "the sequel sim", which is SoW and merely starts out with the BoB.
Old 11-15-2007, 11:37 PM
Approved Member

Default Re: Things from IL2 we'd like to see again in BoB?

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanderstok
I've seen plenty of lists with things we want to have changed (see all the posts with "porked!" in it ) and stuff we'd like to see added in Bob. But what features in the current sim do you want to keep as it is now? In other words: What (small) features in IL2 as it is now are really brilliant?

Here's a couple I really like and would like to see again in BoB:

-When you strafe a column it stops and you actually see lots of soldiers running for their life!
-The way other (AI) aircraft "weave" around when flying in formation
-When you attack an IL2 you can actually see your bullets ricochet of the armor!
Skip bombing is one of the arcadish things I'd like to see removed. It's wrong! The bombs are not the correct shape to do what they do in IL2. Take a look at the bombs they actually used in that particular famous mission.

Also I'd like to see the ability to adjust the curves for roll, pitch, ect removed. The plane should act and fly as it actually did, not how you prefer it. I want it to roll the way it really did when it was used in WW2, not to my or anyone else's specific liking.
Old 11-16-2007, 03:42 PM
Approved Member

Default Re: Things from IL2 we'd like to see again in BoB?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BSS_Sniper
Also I'd like to see the ability to adjust the curves for roll, pitch, ect removed. The plane should act and fly as it actually did, not how you prefer it. I want it to roll the way it really did when it was used in WW2, not to my or anyone else's specific liking.

Come up with a way to market a stick with the game that won't allow the game to run without it, that is just like ALL WWII aircraft's sticks and you might be on to something.

Except for the fact that not every plane HAD the same stick (throw, length, control force at speeds, etc). So now you'll have to make a stick for EACH plane in the game and not let peopel fly them without buying your hardware.

Good luck with that.

A TM Cougar does not respond the same as a Saitek Cyborg, or CH Flight Stick, or M$ FF stick. They have different lengths, different throws, different weights, and different response curves as a result. What works for 1 will NOT work for the others in anything even close to the same way.

Oleg's sliders are brilliant, as is the translation of j/s travel to virtual pilot force. This combo is the onyl way to deal with the realities of the hardware market.

And even if that is removed, nothing stops me from designing my own curve in Foxy. Or from modding my stick physically to give me more control. But it will hurt the guys who don't have the means, or desire to go to those lengths.
Old 11-16-2007, 05:27 PM
Approved Member

Let's get back on topic... The idea is to list those little things you actually LIKE about the current sim and shouldn't be missed in BoB. It seems we're now doing the opposite!
Old 11-16-2007, 05:53 PM
Approved Member

-Rear view mirrors
-Open able canopies and the ability to lean out of the cockpit
in certain planes.
-Trees weaving in the wind.
-Navigation, landing lights etc.