Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover > Technical threads > Controls threads

Controls threads Everything about controls in CoD

Old 05-02-2011, 07:48 AM
Approved Member

Default Force Feedback unflyable?

hi gents

im having issues with FF + CEM.

Basicly, unless i have throtle fully forward or fully closed, my g940 shakes like a belly dancer with a gun pointed to his head. Also, i fi get any kind of damage, the joystick will shake for the rest of the mission, or if i climb over 4000 meters etc etc etc.

Basicly, i cant play becosue the joystick starts too shake all over the place for the minimun reason, even if the shake is small, it gets tiring after a while.
Old 05-02-2011, 08:09 AM
Approved Member

...had a similar problem with my joystick, I use the throttle of the saitek x45 in combination with the Microsoft Sidewinder FFB2.
I had constant shaking like yours but no real ffb anymore, no resistance on stick. I unplugged the Sidewinder and replugged it again. The constant shaking was gone, now it doesent shake at all but I have a constant centering force and you have to press or pull against it. It gives you a better feeling for the aircraft. This shaking and bouncing on the stick makes no sense anyhow as long as you just sit in front of your pc. It only makes sense when you sit in a simulator cabin that shakes and bounces you arround.

Hope you get yours fixed.
Old 05-02-2011, 08:22 AM
Approved Member

I dont think its the FF itself, i think its the engine moddelling. If you get any damamge or its not running smoothly it will vibrate. In fact I can't differentiate between turbulence and damage.

I find that I need to find with near full throttle in most planes over about 2000m to stop this annoying engine vibration. This, of course, is not the best way to run your engine! (i usually wind the prop pitch way back to counter the high revs)

Personally I think there are issues with the engine mixture moddelling and there are threads discussing that elsewhere.

There are issues with FF however. For instance in the bf-110 when I drop my bombs (and sometimes when i fire my cannons) the forces then disappear for several minutes making the aircraft very difficult to fly!

Remember FFB is a relatively new addition to this game and I think it needs tweaking (or give us the ability to tweak it!) but i wouldn't want to fly without it.

I have an Microsoft FFB2 stick.
Old 05-02-2011, 09:20 AM
Approved Member

....the other night when flying online with a friend, we had the same.
He said he thinks his shaking came from the engine that was not running properly, not from turbulences.
Minutes later he got a failure message, his cooling-water was boiling. Flying behind him I could see steam (or very hot water) trailing behind his plane.
How do you know if the shaking comes from the engine and not from turbulences? He was also just guessing and watching the instruments but when the failure message came, he knew he was right.
Old 05-02-2011, 09:35 AM
Approved Member

The thing is, if oyu are stressing your engine, or it is damaged, even if minimal, i cnat fly any longer becosue the stick shake is unberable. I could tune down the shake, but then i dont feel the stall buffet or any other effects.

Rolling on the ground is a pain the ass too, the stick wants to jump out of the room walking all by himself.

I think we need the ability too tune down individually different stuff:

- damage / engine malfunction
-guns
- Aerodinamic effects
- etc
Old 05-02-2011, 09:44 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pupo162 View Post
The thing is, if oyu are stressing your engine, or it is damaged, even if minimal, i cnat fly any longer becosue the stick shake is unberable. I could tune down the shake, but then i dont feel the stall buffet or any other effects.

Rolling on the ground is a pain the ass too, the stick wants to jump out of the room walking all by himself.

I think we need the ability too tune down individually different stuff:

- damage / engine malfunction
-guns
- Aerodinamic effects
- etc
.... sounds reasonable to me.
Old 05-02-2011, 09:48 AM
Approved Member

It seems to be like FF in IL2 where there is wind : so much annoying vibrations it becomes fast unplayable.

It would be cool to have the option of having FF for the aircraft forces and the guns, but no FF for wind turbulences.
Old 05-02-2011, 10:36 AM
Approved Member

Yep same here. The other day I was flying a spit and perforated my radiator. The shaking was so bad that I gave up and bailed out.

Also there is a bug that makes the 109 shake when you take the throttle back from 100%.

Plus the cannon gives so much kick I'm worried about waking up the neighbours. Unfortunately the FFB file for cannon is the same shake for stall etc, so if you edit that you edit the other feed backs that use shake.

Other than that the FFB is sweet. Yes just like in IL2 when there is turbulence/wind it is a big disadvantage for FFB users.

Oh I forgot to add the FFB for guns/cannon still works when you have no ammo left.
Old 05-02-2011, 10:50 AM
Approved Member

Default FF Momo

I have come across a rather pleasant side-effect of having a force-feed wheel. I currently fly with a Saitek Cyborg-X stick, and have a Logitech Momo attached to my computer frame. I fly with my left arm draped over the Momo's housing for access to the throttle controls and buttons on the stick, and use the Momo's peddles for rudder control.

Although I have not mapped the wheel's axis to any flight control, the newly enabled FF effects cause the wheel to vibrate with aircraft 'flutter' at near-stall speeds and over-speed, and in reaction to gun recoil, and feels quite realistic. I am not sure why it does this, but it definitely adds to the realism without adversely affecting flight control. The 109's cannon causes the entire frame to shake, while approaching a stall I feel a gentle shudder warning of impending loss of control, all the while my stick remains unaffected. The best of both worlds, maybe?

Gigabyte 990FXA-UD5 | AMD FX-8350 | MSI HD7970 TFOC-BE | 8GB Corsair DDR-III 1866 | Win8.1 Pro 64-bit
Old 05-02-2011, 11:00 AM
Approved Member

Sounds interesting Tony..

anyone know if you can use more than one FFB device with Win7?