Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey

IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey Famous title comes to consoles.

Old 04-25-2011, 08:56 PM
Approved Member

Default PSN outage . Got Yha Grounded try this

I have all-ways liked to muck around in training on BOP . So with PSN out for the next how ever many hours .. Days... Weeks.. Heres a thought try some training missions out to test things out . Post results on here .

Example The Tail gun test.

Pick Dover as a map in Arcade, Realistic or Sim

Grab a Il10 vs 8 Vet Fighters

Just fly don't use tail guns at all let auto gunner do work . I only made speed and alt moves with very few turns was flying from patio having a smoke

Would love to see results for all the different Fighters vs any aircraft with tail gun

Mine;

Il10 Vs 8 Spit Mk II Realistic 4 Il10 lost 6 destroyed (2 spits Crashed in to me) 15:30 Min's .

Another fun thing is to test how many Immelman it takes to go from 500 ft to 15,000 using only Immelman climbs Then High speed dive to the deck what is your top speed ?

Post results for aircraft type Game type Arcade Realistic, Sim etc .

I know a lot of this data was posted before in great spreadsheet but it was for Xbox I believe and thus no patch .

Xbox guys if you would like to Join in that would be great as well Interesting to see what differences occur .
Old 04-25-2011, 10:52 PM
Approved Member

Hi JO.....in the interest on sanity without PSN.... here is the answer...

Benchmark replica of your test.. 8 Mk9 Spit V IL10. Dover Map.

Realistic
5 Mk9 Spit shot down
2 Mk9 Spit collided with each other.
1 Mk9 Spit collided with IL10
2 IL10 lost (one to collision) one to action.
One Vodka and lime sunken with a bottle of Bud !
flight from Dover to Manston and back 14mins 55sec.

Immelman turns to 15000ft ?

Spitfire Mk9, from 500 -15325 took 9 Immelman climbing turns, reversing the climb after level when reaching 220mph after leveling out and speed in dive was 491mph into Dover Harbour !

Next test will be JU87 and an LA7 Ta Ta for now !
Old 04-25-2011, 11:02 PM
Approved Member

i do this alot but mainly practise taking pics ........ but it kinda cheats as it pauses but i have a few crackers will post them up soon .......... a few from a team battle which ended up a 2 vs three so i parked up on the peir on dover harbour
Old 04-25-2011, 11:18 PM
Approved Member

Scotty...get to bed my man....its midnight !! . Team Galactic is supposed to be in training for the Tournement.....besides...I have no more beer in my fridge so I am done for the day !!!. See you Soon Ace...
Old 04-26-2011, 12:13 PM
Approved Member

Wild

Great thanks.

Here is another thing to try ;

How long can you run at full WEP in a given aircraft befor engine quits
is thier a differnce between Realistic and Sim in time or top speed ?
Old 04-26-2011, 01:26 PM
Approved Member

I've tried to be creative myself during this terrible mess... Thing is I have to shoot something to keep in harmony. I found the old trainingmode and set it up like this:

Dover, p51D-5 w/rockets (40), hostile flak and 1 B-17 flown by a rookie. Time 10 mins.

Mission: Sink the 6 ships, put out the flak-batteries in Dover and blow up the B-17 with the use of only one load-out.

It's pretty tricky, but I think it is possible. The key is not to be hit by the flak around Dover. These guys are pretty good with theire guns... I have made it with one bailing only, as I had put out all the ground- and seabased opponents, but when I tried to climb to 3000 feet where rookie in the B-17 was cirkeling, a flak-hit in the engine subsequently made it impossible to get up to him.
You sink a ship with two rockets by hitting it at the root of the chimney. That gives 12 to sink all six and 8 to knock out the flak on land. You still got 20 to down the bitch upstairs. That is if you can get up to her...

Joe: I think full wep burns a spits engine in ten mins.

And this way the world turns...

Last edited by McQ59; 04-26-2011 at 08:14 PM.
Old 04-26-2011, 07:58 PM
Approved Member

I am so Sad...but here we go !

Realistic Test 2...8 Spit Mk9 v Ju87
4 Mk9 Spit shot down
4 Mk9 Spit collided with Ju87
8 Ju87 lost...4 due to collision...4 shot down, only by engine/airframe
damage losing hight till crashed...no fatal kills
3 flights to Dover - Manston...20mins 25secs

LA7 500-15,000ft Climbing Immelman turns ?

It took 8 turns, 4 to 10,000ft, 4 for the next 5,000ft, after 10,000ft speed to 200mph+ to initiate the next turn is painfuly slow compared to lower altitude.
Unlike the Mk9 Spit which is consistant each turn & climb

Speed in the dive....max 501mph until the wing broke off !! 600ft from the sea (Airframe Faliure message came up)

Realistic Test 3....8 ME109G6 v IL10
8 109G6 shot down....none fatal, all smokin till distant demise.
12 IL10 lost (all fatal explosion) yes 12!
23.15secs

No guessing who has the big Kanuna's for taking out IL10's then... Emi, Fredi & Gus with there Desert Eagle "I,m hard Bruce Lee" shotguns....funny thing was though...the 109,s kept wandering off unlike the spits who repeatedly attacked .

Next Test 8 FW190 v IL10 and 109G6 Climb test
Old 04-27-2011, 06:50 PM
Approved Member

Great Stuff Wild right on with what I have found .

I took a B17 against 10 vet Spit Mk9 In Sim last nite
Just did climbing turn to right auto gunners took out 8 spits befor they knocked out port engine. Belly landed in the drink. Then trimed for Strait and level @ 3,500ft 80% took about another min and half befor last 2 spits were down in flames last shot from them took out starbord engine but I was still airbore when mission ended .

This is why they should never be used in dog fights
Old 04-27-2011, 08:13 PM
Approved Member

Just fly about, check out the ground units, lots of great stuff.
Here is some ground pics from an offline dickaround:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IL-2 Sturmovik Birds Of Prey_10.jpg (20.4 KB, 17 views)
File Type: jpg IL-2 Sturmovik Birds Of Prey_11.jpg (20.7 KB, 20 views)
File Type: jpg IL-2 Sturmovik Birds Of Prey_12.jpg (20.2 KB, 15 views)

Last edited by KAV; 04-27-2011 at 08:26 PM.
Old 04-27-2011, 08:15 PM
Approved Member

great bros! you just have attention to the training mode ^^ rofl

i have a szenario with shooting fun for you...

MISSION A: take a b17 or he111 or any bomber with a good radius of action while you are rearguning. choose a map with oceans, max opponents equal which type of fighter and start the game. dive towards the sealevel and keep a long way to the boarder of the map. its quite a bit difficult but keep ur bomber close to the surface of the water by 50% of motorpower and try to look on a course wich didnt need any more corrections. switch to reargunner and let the pack of opponents keep up to you. they are so stupid, they wont harm you anyway if you are close enough to the surface. then open fire...

it is amusing to me to see each bullet hitting through thr airframes and which demage it cause according to the handling. good sight from close range. and if they hit the water it makes a big fountain which will affect your course...

MISSION B: take any good fighter with good stability while flying slow. choose any map with max opponents and open end time. start the game and try to shoot one carfully till his motor smokes by a leak of oil. do the same to the other opponents but dont take them out finaly. if they lose oil it will take quite a few minutes till thier motor runs off and they try to attemp a good place for landing.

i just had fun to follow and watch them during thier glide towards the ground. they will manage pretty difficult landing manouvers. and if they are on the ground, the will stand there until you end the game. you can shoot them to scrap metal ^^

some pictures for example...

HAVE FUN!

Last edited by Dementia_Seven; 04-27-2011 at 10:52 PM.