Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover > Technical threads > Controls threads

Controls threads Everything about controls in CoD

Old 04-21-2011, 04:44 PM
Formula88

Default X-52 died, next stick?

Apparently my x-52 died last night out of the blue. All the lights on it started flashing and then I got a very strange bluescreen. After the PC rebooted the joystick was no longer detected properly and windows said the device had malfunctioned. I plugged my racing wheel into the same USB port and it works fine. I also plugged it into my other computer and got the same thing.

Anyways, I'm not really to pissed since I didnt like how soft the spring was on this stick anyways and it always felt like a kiddie toy. Besides the massive and outrageously priced Warthog what would you guys recommend for my next Hotas? Price isnt really an object, I will pay for quality, but 500+ for any joystick just seems ridiculous.
Old 04-21-2011, 04:51 PM
Approved Member

Personally I love the CH Products Fighterstick, very well made and feels solid in your hand. It is very precise and I can not pick fault with it. It has been around for a long time as a design so is not the flashy fashionable object that other brands come up with, but then why change anything about it when it works so well.

Anyway that is my recommendation.
Old 04-21-2011, 04:54 PM
Approved Member

whatever you decide, sell the X52 on Ebay 'sold for spares' which are not available from Saitek. Put the dosh towards your new one!
Old 04-21-2011, 04:58 PM
Approved Member

MSFFB2 from ebay is your best bet. Or Thrustmaster T1600M. Couple them with a CH fighter throttle.

Also, if you are willing, I'd like to buy one of the hall sensor's in the stick off from you.
Old 04-21-2011, 05:36 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Formula88 View Post
Apparently my x-52 died last night out of the blue. All the lights on it started flashing and then I got a very strange bluescreen. After the PC rebooted the joystick was no longer detected properly and windows said the device had malfunctioned. I plugged my racing wheel into the same USB port and it works fine. I also plugged it into my other computer and got the same thing.

Anyways, I'm not really to pissed since I didnt like how soft the spring was on this stick anyways and it always felt like a kiddie toy. Besides the massive and outrageously priced Warthog what would you guys recommend for my next Hotas? Price isnt really an object, I will pay for quality, but 500+ for any joystick just seems ridiculous.
Where do you live?

I will pay for you to ship the dead X52 to me .. im rather serious.. PM me if you would like to follow through.

***UPDATE****

Dahhhh.. never mind...

Looks like recoil beat me to it
Old 04-21-2011, 05:45 PM
Formula88

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfmadmax View Post
Where do you live?

I will pay for you to ship the dead X52 to me .. im rather serious.. PM me if you would like to follow through.

***UPDATE****

Dahhhh.. never mind...

Looks like recoil beat me to it
You have a PM.
Old 04-21-2011, 05:47 PM
Formula88

Whoever wants it, pay for shipping plus an additional 20 bucks and its yours.
Old 04-21-2011, 05:53 PM
Registered Member

Microsoft Sidewinder FFB 2
Old 04-21-2011, 06:04 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lacusch69 View Post
Microsoft Sidewinder FFB 2
..I'll second that..following similar advice last week, I found a nice one on Ebay and got it for a steal...£6.50