Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover

IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Latest instalment in the acclaimed IL-2 Sturmovik series from award-winning developer Maddox Games.

Old 04-20-2011, 10:24 PM
Approved Member

Default Future feature requests

Please don't paste high priority fix requests or bug reports here, just your wishlist for future features. Who knows, maybe something will give the devs an idea! And maybe some of them are already in the game and you just don't know how to activate them I know there have been scattered feature request threads but I guess it would be good to put all our wishes in one thread for easy reading.
Old 04-20-2011, 10:25 PM
Approved Member

My feature wishlist:

1. Real-time damage reports for enemy planes similar to what you get for your own plane. I know this is hugely unrealistic but it could help people better understand why bombers (and some fighters) are so difficult to bring down with MG fire. It would also be nice to know exactly why that wing just exploded!

2. Option for joystick curve tweaking as in IL-2 for those that want it. I know there are sensitivity settings available but I would prefer finer control or at least a better idea of what the current settings are doing.

Edit for #2: Thanks for below FZG, fix explained at http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=21695
[Edit: Suggested fix doesn't work for me...]

Last edited by jimbop; 04-27-2011 at 03:33 AM.
Old 04-20-2011, 11:34 PM
Approved Member

Animated or even just static drivers/figures to sit in vehicles that are moving,from waypoint to waypoint,it's bloody weird seeing an RAF tractor drive across the airfield with no one at the controls!!

Alienware Aurora|Win 7 64-bit Home Premium|IC i7-920 Processor (Quad-Core)|14GB DDR3 RAM|1 TB SATA 7200rpm Hard Drive|GIGABYTE GeForce GTX 770 2GB WINDFORCE 3 X fan|Thrustmaster Warthog|Saitek Pro Combat rudder pedals,throttle quadrant and Cessna trim wheel|TrackIR4|Sense of humour,I find it comes in handy!
Old 04-21-2011, 12:00 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbop View Post
My feature wishlist:

1. Real-time damage reports for enemy planes similar to what you get for your own plane. I know this is hugely unrealistic but it could help people better understand why bombers (and some fighters) are so difficult to bring down with MG fire. It would also be nice to know exactly why that wing just exploded!

2. Option for joystick curve tweaking as in IL-2 for those that want it. I know there are sensitivity settings available but I would prefer finer control or at least a better idea of what the current settings are doing.
I think you can put those curves into the conf.ini of CloDo
Old 04-21-2011, 05:22 AM
Approved Member

Propper damage model for static planes - Yes, I know this will consume more computer resourses.
Old 04-21-2011, 06:42 AM
Approved Member

1. Less popping and more fading of buildings.. or maybe another LOD or 3.. especially for the Buildings at and around the airport.

2. Voice Comms that uses frequencies.... IL2 had voice comms that just needed tweaking... yes we have Ts3 and ventrilo... but this saves ppl having to look around.. and typing sux in a dog fight. Oh and add a Mute User function to the voice...

3. A quick record that is mappable to a key.. just to catch the dog fight action..

4. Option in Realistic mode for Outside view of your Aircraft ONLY when your Aircraft is ON the Ground. To allow for post action inspection of your aircraft... ie After Flight...

5. Soften the edges of the Trees.. They are way too sharp...not a bug just a feature request.

6. Dynamic MP campaign... I see mentioned earlier...

7. Some Script Templates tools in the editor...

8. Prop Wash that upsets the aircraft...

9. Dynamic Front line... ie as you capture airports they make the front line.. and you have to capture and re-capture to push each other off the map...

10. The rest of the switches clickable.. I see a lot that do nothing.,, There must be Battery switch/nav lights/canopy defog ... etc.

thx
2 x EVGA 680GTX's
Win 7 64 Pro
Single 27 inch Monitor
Track IR 5
HOTAS Warthog
SIMPEDS Pedals
Old 04-21-2011, 08:16 AM
41Sqn_Stormcrow

Milky Way clearly seen at night. It is supposed to have been quite dark back than as there wasn't that permanent Christmas illumination that we have at present day on our streets.

Pilot throwing shadows when sitting in the plane. Also nice to see one's hand and legs (should be made switch off as possibility).

For the future dynamic campaigns (for BoB pointless as there's no ground forces involved).

A career mode starting out as rookie pilot and ending as wing leader / squadron leader where one can plan missions according to ordered mission targets.

For online play: implement to make reconnaissance flights: Someone climbs in a recce aircraft, flies to target area, makes fotos which then become available for one's side. Meaning that other players of same side can click on photo section to consult the pictures (black and white obviously) but only if recce pilot makes it home. Also the recce pilot should be able to set marks on the briefing map where a location is and this mark is seen by everybody on the same side. For each successfully picture brought home there should be an abundance of points that makes this kind of flights interesting to do. Could be made like this for instance: A pilot brings home fotos of a target area and gets significant credit points for this. If now another player or he himself destroys objects within the fotographed object group the recce player also gets extra points. Of course if recce pilot makes mistakes and marks friendlies as enemy position and this gets consequently destroyed the recce pilot would get some negative points.

Last edited by 41Sqn_Stormcrow; 04-21-2011 at 08:18 AM.
Old 04-21-2011, 08:26 AM
Langnasen

Dynamic campaign.
Old 04-21-2011, 10:54 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FZG_Immel View Post
I think you can put those curves into the conf.ini of CloDo
Thanks for that, edited my post above.
Old 04-21-2011, 11:13 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plt Off JRB Meaker View Post
Animated or even just static drivers/figures to sit in vehicles that are moving,from waypoint to waypoint,it's bloody weird seeing an RAF tractor drive across the airfield with no one at the controls!!
SpawnHumans=1 in conf.ini does not help?