Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover > CoD Multiplayer

CoD Multiplayer Everything about multiplayer in IL-2 CoD

Old 04-16-2011, 02:19 PM
41Sqn_Stormcrow

Default Issues with Multiplayer

I constantly get a Time Out after a while. The duration varies before I get it. I cannot tell why because on a direct link it works fine without time out. Just on servers I get time out.

Another issue:
When icons on map are turned off it is impossible to take a seat in a multiposition aircraft as it needs to be clicked upon. This worked much better with the old interface. This needs a fix.

Also it is a bit difficult to see which airfields can be selected and which are not because all are white (and optically a bit difficult to discern from the white grid).
Old 04-16-2011, 02:26 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 41Sqn_Stormcrow View Post
I constantly get a Time Out after a while. The duration varies before I get it. I cannot tell why because on a direct link it works fine without time out. Just on servers I get time out.
In my opinion, this is just because servers unfortunately crash. When you get a timeout, are you able to join the server you were playing on just after ?
Quote:
Another issue:
When icons on map are turned off it is impossible to take a seat in a multiposition aircraft as it needs to be clicked upon. This worked much better with the old interface. This needs a fix.
This is why server hosts shoud leave this option. Also, if you want to select another position on your own aircraft, use Ctrl+C to switch position.

Quote:
Also it is a bit difficult to see which airfields can be selected and which are not because all are white (and optically a bit difficult to discern from the white grid).
Yeah.. I hope we'll be able to set existing airfields red or blue. To prevent from this, we sometimes place empty airfields on our mission in order to show the players which airfield they should click.

I hope those problems will be solved and the servers will be more stable.

But anyway this doesn't prevent us from having fun :p
Old 04-16-2011, 03:12 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 41Sqn_Stormcrow View Post
When mission is loaded ..select your side....after that --->right click on the map and uncheck the "airfield"

Now you can see the airfields you can use

greets

Last edited by KAMI_1; 04-16-2011 at 03:19 PM.
Old 04-16-2011, 03:35 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAMI_1 View Post
When mission is loaded ..select your side....after that --->right click on the map and uncheck the "airfield"

Now you can see the airfields you can use

greets
Woot nice ! Thanks
Old 04-19-2011, 01:43 AM
Approved Member

Does anyone have the problem when trying to select a spawn base that you must have your mouse pointer not on the base itself, but away from the base ?

In order for me to select a spawn base and therefore be able to create a plane I must move my cursor around 3cm away from the base in the 5 oclock position before the base name shows up on the map.

RAF238thWildWillie
Old 04-19-2011, 02:16 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildwillie View Post
Does anyone have the problem when trying to select a spawn base that you must have your mouse pointer not on the base itself, but away from the base ?

In order for me to select a spawn base and therefore be able to create a plane I must move my cursor around 3cm away from the base in the 5 oclock position before the base name shows up on the map.

RAF238thWildWillie
its a rendering bug they have to fix...i have seen soooo mant people join my server and leave for that reason...they join blue then red...then leave
EVGA 660SC (super clocked) 2GB Vram
CORSAIR CMPSU-750TX 750W
64 GB SSD SATA II HD
WIN7 UL 64BIT
Old 04-19-2011, 09:52 AM
Approved Member

Well i think this one should go here.
When i connect to a MP and click create to go to the map my launcher.exe chrashes every time.
Anybody knows of a solution to this?
Game is all patched

Cheers,

Niels
Old 04-19-2011, 09:55 AM
Approved Member

Maybe your game is broken. Go to Steam, right click on clod, properties, local files, verify files. Dunno how menus are translated in english, as I have the french language on Steam, but it may help.
Old 04-19-2011, 12:02 PM
Approved Member

Bit by bit this game is starting to run smoothly. I did some experiments yesterday online and hosted a simple mission for my friend.

We encountered some strange problems with spawning. For example when I ditched into AF and tried to respawn with fresh plane I was unable to do it. I was able to click on AFs spawn points, select plane etc. but when I tried click on Create button nothing happened. My friend had also some occations when Create button was not working and he solved it by disconnecting and joining again. For me as a host that was not a allowed solution (the game was getting crowded)

Anyway, is there something we should know about Refly procedure (old IL-2 term) or is this a known problem in MP?
Old 04-19-2011, 01:59 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeLv8_Otto View Post
Bit by bit this game is starting to run smoothly. I did some experiments yesterday online and hosted a simple mission for my friend.

We encountered some strange problems with spawning. For example when I ditched into AF and tried to respawn with fresh plane I was unable to do it. I was able to click on AFs spawn points, select plane etc. but when I tried click on Create button nothing happened. My friend had also some occations when Create button was not working and he solved it by disconnecting and joining again. For me as a host that was not a allowed solution (the game was getting crowded)

Anyway, is there something we should know about Refly procedure (old IL-2 term) or is this a known problem in MP?
this another known bug was this on the channel map?
EVGA 660SC (super clocked) 2GB Vram
CORSAIR CMPSU-750TX 750W
64 GB SSD SATA II HD
WIN7 UL 64BIT