Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover > Technical threads > Controls threads

Controls threads Everything about controls in CoD

Old 04-16-2011, 12:31 PM
Approved Member

Default Where the hell am I going ?

Can someone pls help me I gotta be doing something wrong.
Flying a Spit If I take off from the ground, but not if I spawn in the air my directional gyro is out , usually by about 130*. Am I missing something obvious ?
Do I have to "set" it somehow ? although I would expect my riggers to have done that, On the subject of riggers I would also expected them to cure my plane of flying one wing low. Lazy buggers, never see any about , I expect theyre all in a nissan hut drinking tea somewhere.
Before you say it dont mention toppling instruments THAT ISNT THE PROBLEM. In truth I expect some Nazi loving fifth columnist has put a powerful magnet next to my compass in order to sabotage my aircraft
I have seen noone mention the compass problem and im starting to get paranoid thinking its only my plane affected.
Oh and that coursesetter, whats the point Its hidden behind the stick and so I couldnt use it even if I knew how the hell to use it.
I play on realistic cockpit always on, but dammit it shouldnt be this difficult. For christ sake a working compass heading isnt TO much to ask for is it
Old 04-16-2011, 12:45 PM
Approved Member

The april 15th beta sets the new course on entering flying mode.
Old 04-16-2011, 01:59 PM
Approved Member

I think I have figured it out. When looking at the magnetic compass, find the needle with the crossbar. Going from there, sometimes, the +3o'clock needle shows the approximately right course, sometimes the -3o'clock needle shows it.
Then apply a random +-15 deg. correction to it. And finally, switch the markings for east and west
Old 04-16-2011, 02:23 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redroach View Post
When looking at the magnetic compass, find the needle with the crossbar.
Does it show North or South? I am completely lost.
Old 04-16-2011, 03:26 PM
Approved Member

well, my post was a rather humoristic one. I'm lost as well
most likely because the heading is not only hard to read, it seems that there are bugs as well...
Old 04-16-2011, 05:32 PM
Approved Member

You gotta laugh really, This forum is full of threads about jumpy rev counters, the theoretical octane rating of the fuel, why they cant run with maxed out vid settings over London and get 70FPS, and in the meanwhile nobody notices you cant climb above 20000ft and your compass doesnt work ! I really want to like this game, I really do. Its got some nice moments and shows lotsa potential but its breaking me, Now remind me.... rich is backwards, lean is forwards except in a hurricane where its bugged, but is patched ? Whats the difference anyway? the engine coughs splutters and dies whatever your settings ....sigh.
Old 04-16-2011, 08:19 PM
Approved Member

I made a post on simHQ. The reason I posted not here is the pictures. I just cannot get the pictures into posts on this forum. Here's a link to the post I made over there to set the compass:

http://simhq.com/forum/ubbthreads.ph...ml#Post3271861
Old 04-16-2011, 08:59 PM
Approved Member

Jez, Shame the coursesetters hid behind the goddam stick, My head hurts with all this stuff, Gonna go and practice on a parked spitfire, see if i can figure all this out. Thanks for the crash course Bando, your info is good and the link helped a lot
Old 04-16-2011, 09:23 PM
Approved Member

Well Bando i just tried it and it works ! But its so easy to set it 180* out, and so awkward to use. Stick has to be hard back and over to get a good view of compass, then you have to fiddle with the knobs etc to set it, doing this in flight will be imposible I would say in realistic mode ie no autopilot. I cant believe the testers ever tried this before game release. It would be so much better if in the "glance at dashboard" view didnt include the flight stick which obscures the view of these vital bits of kit.
Old 04-16-2011, 09:40 PM
Approved Member

Well I got a "coolie hat" from a game pad assigned for that. Left/right sets increases/decreases the course setter, up/down does the DG.
After some practice one can do it fairly quick, even in flight.
I edited the post on simHQ to state that the "train track should be aligned with the North side towards the crossbarred white line.

I hope this all makes some sense.