Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover

IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Latest instalment in the acclaimed IL-2 Sturmovik series from award-winning developer Maddox Games.

Old 04-02-2011, 08:46 PM
Approved Member

Default Did a player review of CoD over at Gamespot...

Look here:

http://www.gamespot.com/pc/sim/il-2-...html?id=760873

Do you agree? Go there and give the game a boost in that case by voting for the real game that most of us can see looking through the bad fps and stuttering that for sure will get fixed (along with stuff like force feedback support etc).
Old 04-02-2011, 08:54 PM
BigPickle

Can it be fixed though? I hope big time it can be.
Old 04-02-2011, 09:52 PM
Approved Member

9.5? Reminds me of the Nobel Prize being awarded to a US president, based on the expectation that he won't go around bombing small countries that pose no significant threat...
Old 04-02-2011, 10:17 PM
Approved Member

It will probably be worthy of such a score once most of, if not all the bugs have been ironed out.

At the moment I can't say it's really deserving of such a lofty score. In time though...
Old 04-02-2011, 10:23 PM
Global Moderator

Thumbs up

Mazex

It's a good review, and I agree with you.

Anyone that has been with IL2 knows Oleg will stand up against the heat and perform as usual. It won't be instantly of course, but the issues will resolve.

I remember the Ubi boards were full of half empty glasses after every addon or patch release of IL2, and IL2 was always the number ONE WW2 air combat simulator. LOL

Don't be disheartened about the negative jabs, every BOB COD forums and blog is getting blasted.

A few things I should mention. There are many so-called users that are nothing less than pirates, and their free toys are being steadily taken from them with Steam,etc. These pirates frequent the forums and we don't know who they are for the most part. They are clever with their verbs and nouns... not to expose themselves. I think most of the blastings on BOB COD forums are from them.

There are some legitimate complaints, but we all know the issues will be fixed soon enough. It is just great to finally have a completed BOB COD, even if there are some things left to be done.

Last edited by nearmiss; 04-02-2011 at 10:27 PM.
Old 04-02-2011, 10:39 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rattlehead View Post
It will probably be worthy of such a score once most of, if not all the bugs have been ironed out.

At the moment I can't say it's really deserving of such a lofty score. In time though...
OK, I agree and I lowered my "expected" score to 9.0. The orignal IL2 got 9.2 in the official review if I don't remember it wrong - so why not this title when it gets fixed?
Old 04-02-2011, 10:39 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mazex View Post
Look here:

Do you agree? Go there and give the game a boost in that case by voting for the real game that most of us can see looking through the bad fps and stuttering that for sure will get fixed (along with stuff like force feedback support etc).
Nice review Mazex! I can't really comment myself because I don't have any personal experience with CoD (so far have played mostly Birds of Prey on PS3) but have been following here very closely. I hope you're right and the game will become deserving of your high anticipation!

MAC
Old 04-02-2011, 11:10 PM
Approved Member

I would endorse your review- there are definitely a few bugs to iron out but the flight model alone is a generation ahead of Il2.
I challenge anyone to play CoD of and jump back into Il2 and NOT agree what a huge leap forward it is in every way. Il2 honestly looks like an arcade game by comparison.
I expected Oleg to astonish me again, and he has.
Old 04-02-2011, 11:20 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
We are the guys who paid IL2 CoD at full price for a sim that could continue the IL2 saga. But in reality we are the guys who paid 50€ for being part of a full price/huge scale beta test. EVERYTHING needs to be fixed, I mean it, EVERYTHING.
I am long term IL2 "fan boi" and I have to say, despite being wary of using charged language on these forums, thats about the size of it. If the developers/publishers had said, as DCS did with their A10c, heres an early release beta, would you please aid us in the development of your favorite title and we will reward you with a top notch flight simulator, then NONE of this would have happened. Fancy someone new to the genre picking this up and attempting to play/learn this. (BTW, if anyone is reading this who is new, then I reccomened getting hold of a copy of Wings of Prey)

That said, there does some to be an extremely vocal lot on the forums, not pointing fingers. As to what motivates them, I have no idea.
Old 04-02-2011, 11:42 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mazex View Post
Look here:

So let me get this straight, you wrote a review and gave CoD 9.0 based on what it "could be in the future, IF the developer decides to fix it"? Being a bit pressumptious and to be frank a bit of a blinkered fanboy there.

Who in their right mind gives a score based on potential fixes that might not even see the light of day. CoD does have potential but potential is not a tangible measurable thing, it is definatetly not something you can use to artificially bump up the score for what is essentailly a bug ridden mess right now.

At most CoD should be getting around 50% for effort and no more, certainly not 90 based on what might be and what you want it to be.