Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover > Technical threads > Performance threads

Performance threads All discussions about CoD performnce

Closed Thread

Old 03-31-2011, 08:32 AM
Tree_UK

Default Game is Unplayable

Obviously removed all the epilepsey filter - still no SLI despite Luthier saying it was the filter that was killing it.

Disabled SLI improved framerates a little, but FPS is still unplayable even on medium settings, getting between 8-25FPS.

Hardly a low end PC, check out my specs.
Old 03-31-2011, 08:33 AM
Approved Member

and your settings ?
Old 03-31-2011, 08:39 AM
Approved Member

From experiance very few games have sli/xfire support at release, luthier has stared in the FAQ that they are already working on a solution and trying to find out what has stopped it working in the first place.

http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=19819

Just turn off your sli for the moment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SiThSpAwN View Post
Its a glass half full/half empty scenario, we all know the problems, we all know what needs to be fixed it just some people focus on the water they have and some focus on the water that isnt there....
Gigabyte X58A-UD5 | Intel i7 930 | Corsair H70 | ATI 5970 | 6GB Kingston DDR3 | Intel 160GB G2 | Win 7 Ultimate 64 Bit |
MONITOR: Acer S243HL.
CASE: Thermaltake LEVEL 10.
INPUTS: KG13 Warthog, Saitek Pedals, Track IR 4.
Old 03-31-2011, 08:44 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tree_UK View Post
Obviously removed all the epilepsey filter - still no SLI despite Luthier saying it was the filter that was killing it.

Disabled SLI improved framerates a little, but FPS is still unplayable even on medium settings, getting between 8-25FPS.

Hardly a low end PC, check out my specs.
ive been flying around for the last 24 hours, works just fine for me on medium settings for an i5, 4gb RAM, GTX275.

i've flown through the campaigns with little trouble.

your claim is laughable, I have the game and i just finished terrorising sunderlands in a 109, watching those smoke trails from the 20mm carve into them.

yes there are some problems to be ironed out, as was fully expected.

I work around them and am quietly confident the updates will address them in turn.

frankly, the thread title is plainly stupid. You sound like a spoilt child.

Summary?

HUSH TROLL !

TAKE YOUR NONSENSE AND BEGONE !
Old 03-31-2011, 08:54 AM
Approved Member

I also have the game playable at a slightly more modest spec than yours, Tree. As luthier said the only ones I needed to lower to get the game to a playable fps were Forest and Building Amount. How much VRAM do the two GTX285s have each?
Old 03-31-2011, 09:25 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by engarde View Post
ive been flying around for the last 24 hours, works just fine for me on medium settings for an i5, 4gb RAM, GTX275.

your claim is laughable, I have the game and i just finished terrorising sunderlands in a 109, watching those smoke trails from the 20mm carve into them.

I work around them and am quietly confident the updates will address them in turn.

Summary?

HUSH TROLL !

Spoilt child... well here´s another one complaining. The truth is that game was not ready for release. Performance wise it really isn´t what a finished product should look like. To me it seems like some kind of alpha-version. Sure it runs somewhat and doesn´t CTD all the time, but...that´s not enough. It stutters, frames rates skip back and forth and the game generally doesn´t look so good. Yes, it is a simulator. Yes, it is demanding for the CPU. But then, so is DCS A-10C and it works, smoothly.

And before you start questoning my settings and rig: It doesn´t matter what settings you use, it won´t fix the fundamental problems that this game has at the moment. It doesn´t perform, even remotely, like a finshed product should. You might gain a couple of FPS if you tweaked the hell out of config. files, but that´s not the point. The point is: You shouldn´t be tweaking! I didn´t pay 50 € to become a alpha-tester.

Please, test your products before final release.

Oh, and the rig is:

Phenom X4 II 965 BE (3,4Ghz)
5 GB RAM
GTX 570
Win 7 64 bit
Old 04-01-2011, 02:09 PM
Approved Member

My buddie is using a 285 too and has similar problems (he has 4 core 3.4GHz i7 and 6GB RAM).

It could be the VRAM. His card has 1GB, my GTX570 has 1.28GB and CoD is using every bit of mine. Of course it's faster too and my i7 is at 4GHz but neither of our CPUs are taxed more than around 60-70% on Core1, 30% core 2, 10-15% cores 3 & 4. My fps is 50-60 over water, 30-50 over land, on High settings with Grass off and Forest and Buildings at Medium (1680x 1050). So, probably the GPU.

But Luthier says there is still work to do on that.

ASUS Sabertooth X58 /i7 950 @ 4GHz / 6Gb DDR3 1600 CAS8 / EVGA GTX570 GPU 1.28Gb superclocked / Crucial 128Gb SSD SATA III 6Gb/s, 355Mb-215Mb Read-Write / 850W PSU
Windows 7 64 bit Home Premium / Samsung 22" 226BW @ 1680 x 1050 / TrackIR4 with TrackIR5 software / Saitek X52 Pro & Rudders
Old 04-01-2011, 02:15 PM
Approved Member

Well I have similar specs to Tree (except half the memory and my card is a 4870x2) and my preformance is the same. This does not matter if I have it on everything low or high, I still get the same FPS.
Old 04-01-2011, 02:45 PM
Registered Member

Default How much VRAM do you have ?

Yesterday the sim was unplayable for me. I tried everything with all settings at very low. My fps were between 1 and 22 with additional stuttering.

Today I found the hint, that 1 GB of VRAM is not enough for 1920*1200 for this sim. After going back to 1280*800 i could fly the first time: fps is now average at 35 and the stutter is almost gone.

So that is the major point everybody with "unplayable" conditions should check IMHO.
Old 04-01-2011, 02:54 PM
Tree_UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by engarde View Post

Summary?

HUSH TROLL !

This is a performance related thread, its not the playground thread for naughty little tarts, go and pull someone else's pigtails you muppet.
Closed Thread