Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover > CoD download, installation and activation threads

CoD download, installation and activation threads All discussions about installation, online activation and Steam

Old 03-30-2011, 07:42 PM
Approved Member

Default Steam review

Reading some of the posts in various boards I see that there is extremely diverse views on Steam in the gaming community. I have used Steam for a few years so I feel I can comment on it fairly. I Have never had an issue with Steam in the delivery or play of a game through Steam. Whenever I build a new Rig or replace a HDD I simply log in and all my content is automatically reinstalled for me seamlessly. Steam has a very low system useage.. relaistically it has no impact on performance. I do turn off some of the auto features Steam uses to push content, but overall I have to say that after being very reluctant to try it years ago, I am very satisfied with it.

I do not know how the game will be played on Steam servers, or if Hyper Lobby will still be an option ( I assume it would be) But overall the people that seem to be the most concerned about Steam have not really used it. I would say that you will be pleasantly surprised.
XFX 6970 Video Card
Win7 64 Bit Home Ed
ATI 12.3 Driver Package
WD Caviar 7600 RPM HDD
ATI CCC at DEFAULT settings
Old 03-30-2011, 07:47 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JG14_Jagr View Post
Reading some of the posts in various boards I see that there is extremely diverse views on Steam in the gaming community. I have used Steam for a few years so I feel I can comment on it fairly. I Have never had an issue with Steam in the delivery or play of a game through Steam. Whenever I build a new Rig or replace a HDD I simply log in and all my content is automatically reinstalled for me seamlessly. Steam has a very low system useage.. relaistically it has no impact on performance. I do turn off some of the auto features Steam uses to push content, but overall I have to say that after being very reluctant to try it years ago, I am very satisfied with it.

I do not know how the game will be played on Steam servers, or if Hyper Lobby will still be an option ( I assume it would be) But overall the people that seem to be the most concerned about Steam have not really used it. I would say that you will be pleasantly surprised.
Let's not start the whole Steam paranoia all over again please. That was a ridiculous week, and honestly I found refutting all the misinformation exhausting especially since the same stuff would pop up several times in each of the dozen or so threads on the topic.

In short, If you haven't tried Steam give it a shot. If you have, but it was a long time ago, give it a shot. If you are currently having technical issues with Steam go here. Also I am willing to offer help as I've been using Steam for a good while now, and feel confident in my knowledge of the platform.

I feel I need to say that I am in no way professionally partnered with Valve or the Steam platform.

Last edited by Kikuchiyo; 03-30-2011 at 07:54 PM.