Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover > CoD Multiplayer

CoD Multiplayer Everything about multiplayer in IL-2 CoD

Old 03-30-2011, 05:24 PM
Approved Member

Default Dedicated Server Question

Hi everyone.

Can anyone with knowledge about this tell me if it would be required or best practice to purchase a second copy of CoD for your dedicated host?

I have a colocated host and want to install CoD. I'm just not sure what to do about the Steam activation process or even if it is required for a hosted server.

Any help on this would be appreciated and thanks for your time.

Peace
Old 03-30-2011, 05:35 PM
Registered Member

+1 on this.

To my knowledge one will only be able to be logged in to Steam from one computer at a time... So even if you have a "total of 3 activated computers" it would seem that you actually would need 2 separate Steam-accounts to be able to host a server and play on it at the same time.

Best option imo would be that a 1c/Ubisoft distributes the server-executables via their internet-page with no need to own the game/DRM to be able to host a DEDICATED server unrelated to Steam etc.